JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So after 300 rounds of Cci Mini mags, and not a single failure to feed or eject, and 1 fail to fire that shot on the second trigger pull- I can say the Sig Mosquito is an awesome little plinker. Keep it clean, use the proper ammo, shoot for hours for very little cash.

So after 300 rounds of Cci Mini mags, and not a single failure to feed or eject, and 1 fail to fire that shot on the second trigger pull- I can say the Sig Mosquito is an awesome little plinker. Keep it clean, use the proper ammo, shoot for hours for very little cash.

Thanks for the review bikejunkie, its good to hear how the mosquito shoots.

I just feel like the Mosquito has gotten such a bad rap all over the Internet, and it's probably from people that dont properly or often clean thier pistol, use the cheapest .22lr they can find, or both and then blame the pistol. The only negative I have regarding the Mosquito is that the mags only hold 10rds, and the mags are $40 each. That's a lot of dough, and I haven't found them for cheaper anywhere on the interwebs...I know I'll put 10x as many rounds through the skeeter than my XDm because it's so cheap to shoot. That it was cheap to buy is just gravy ($309 for the bi-tone @ Wholesale Sports)

I love Sigs but my Mosquito too fails all the time like every other shot... I just polished the feed ramp so we will see how that goes, I think it may be the magazine also not sure.
I used to love the P22 my first one was awesome, I sold it and then bought another one that jammed a lot.
I own and have owned several Ruger MK series I II and III and 22/45 and have not had 1 problem ever with any of them.
My dad has a buckmark and loves it as well...
I am thinking about trying the new SR22 and seeing how that goes.
good luck.

The Ruger SR22 is pretty awesome. I picked it up at a gun show a few short weeks ago. Took out and put about 500 rounds through it right away. It fed good and bad ammo both without any problems. I decided to be a jerk and not clean it so I could see how it responded to abuse.. took it back out and after another 200 rounds, no problems to report. It's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot, pretty darn accurate, will fire anything, and can stand up to some abuse/neglect. Of course, I cleaned it right away this trip and will treat it well from here on out, like the rest of my weapons, but now I know where it stands. Purchased new it came with 2 10 round mags, 2 finger grip extension floor plates for the mags (if you want to use them, but not necessary for me), soft case, and a larger grip if the stock one isn't to your liking (i changed it to the larger one and it feels a lot better in my hand). Has 3 dot sights and also the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation. $300 + background check.

I'm leary of any of the rimfire pistols with the Zamak zink alloyed type slides. I keep reading of cracked slides on the Mosquitos and the Walther P22 pistols.

I have the Ruger MKII pistols and really like them.....got 5 now and will add more as I encounter them in my price range....cheap!!

any ruger .22 semi auto, Mark I, II, III, target or standard is an excellent choice

I don't understand, you are looking for an economically affordable pistol but want to be able to add a pricey suppressor of limited tactical and practical use? While having a great cool factor, two drawbacks, they are expensive and unless the bolt can be locked, the action makes a lot of noise. Just because you can have them doesn't make them a have to have item in my book.

take the money and buy another gun.

I love my Smith and Wesson 22A. I have the 7" barrel one with the laminated target grips. It is a cheaper knockoff? of a Buckmark. I got mine for $263 and then ordered the wood grips from S&W. Feeds everything and has never had feeding issues. Kinda like the AK of .22 pistols!

I have a ruger markIII 22/45, and I really like it. However, the mark III has a magazine safety, so the magazine has to be in to fire a rounds. I'm pretty good at following directions, and I still felt tear down was difficult. I've had friends tell me not to take the ruger mark III apart for cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top