JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been thinking about getting a 22lr pistol for a while and have looked around but wanted to hear others opinions on the subject. Id be looking for something semi auto, bigger mags the better (even though most only hold 10rds) and preferably with a threaded barrel to suppress later.

Sounds like you want one of my Ruger SR22 pistols up forsale. lol Eats practically anything from what the YouTube vids, online reviews and many members have said. Cost of ownership is less, better than the competition? Sounds like it. They will apparently will be selling threaded barrels too.
I know I'm keeping one. Ruger knows .22lr! Anyone who thinks otherwise is missing a grain or two.

I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45, and that was a great value for under $280 new. It came with two 10 rd mags, a lock, and a hard case/box. It's also tapped for a scope mount and comes with the mount.

You can get threaded barrels for these too.

It was a great purchase for me, I use it all the time.

I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45, and that was a great value for under $280 new. It came with two 10 rd mags, a lock, and a hard case/box. It's also tapped for a scope mount and comes with the mount.

You can get threaded barrels for these too.

It was a great purchase for me, I use it all the time.

I second this recommendation. mine cost me $235 delivered to my FFL. Shoots great!

Another +1 for the Ruger Mk3's!!
Love mine! Great shooter! No real problems with the gun. The first few tear downs can be a pain, but you will get the hang of it fast.
If you are ever over on this side of the big water and want to go shoot one, give me a shout.
I am pretty busy this weekend with racing, but am free after work next week. You have a couple hours of daylight in the evening where I shoot.

Ruger Mark III 22/45, or even better if you can find one, a Mark II. Get the stainless steel bull barrel model, get it threaded, and you won't need another .22lr pistol again, unless you want another Ruger that is.........:D

They are addictive. I have both a Mark II, and Mark III 22/45, and won't get rid of them for any reason. Utterly reliable and will shoot any .22lr ammo you can buy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Do not ignore the Browning Buckmarks. I've had one for about a year and fired hundreds of rounds, different brands, very few failures. Very easy to clean and lubricate. Easy to upgrade (i.e. replace barrel, sights, scopes, grips, etc.). Replaced factory with a threaded TacSol barrel to attach my 22lr suppressor.

The Rugers are great pistols, too. And I'd have one instead of a Buckmark had it not been for the fact the serial number, hence the firearm, is the upper/barrel assembly, not the frame. Replacing the barrel is buying a new gun!

Ruger makes 2 models, already threaded for suppressor.

P45GMKPRRP---no sights, picatinny rails top and bottom.
P45GMK3RP----fixed tall sights so you can sight over the suppressor

Both have the replaceable grip panel feature, regular 1911 grips fit with
a little modification.

I have the railed one, with a Burris Fastfire on it. My wife bought the
fixed sight version.

The Beretta 87 may be a great gun but at that price i could buy a mk3, sig or walther, get a supressor for it and pay the 200 dollar tax. I actually had an old ruger mk1 a while back and didn't shoot it before i got rid of it, decent looking gun but i couldn't stand the old mag release. Anyone here have the walther by the way? If i had to narrow it down the ones im lookin at are the sig, walther, ruger, and the ati 1911. Anyone with an ati they'd like to share there experiences?

Ruger Mark I still going strong. By the way, Ruger has a two new 8 shot double action revolvers, one a LCR version, a new ten shot single action too. You won't suppress a revolver, but a lot of fun and utility just the same. The only high capacity pistol readily available is a Kel-Tek PMR-30 in .22 Magnum and 30 round magazine.

Flypnw has it right. The Beretta 87 is a bit spendy but it is of very high quality and workmanship. Mine is the Cheetah not the Target model. I plan on handing it down to my grandson. It is a lot better than my PPK in 0.22 by any measure. The Rugers are like an anvil. They never break.

I don't think you can rate a gun based on how a rental did. Were you shooting mini-mags? How clean was the gun? was it properly lubed? Did it have the proper recoil spring? The Mosquito has a terrible track record when it isn't clean and the wrong ammunition is used...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top