JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, there may come a time when you tire of reliability, dependability, affordability, and coolness... and once that happens, you'll have to become an AR guy.

Have you handled either rifle? Go to a big gun show such as the Puyallup and handle both. I wouldn't consider buying a WASR unseen unless maybe it was from Henderson Defense, who warrants their WASRs against defects.

Thank you for the info. It’s unlikely I will get to a gun show. Possibly the one in Portland later on this year. I hope to order the AK next week. I’ve heard excellent things about Henderson, but since I found out about them, I’ve watched them go from “In Stock” to “Out of Stock”. I see a WASR 10 at Buds for a good price.

I was at the LGS today having him give me a price on an AK, and he could find nothing in stock from any of their sources. He did give me a CZ-USA from Guns and Ammo magazine with an article on the Czech VZ-58. No idea on price, and not sure I’ve seen that mentioned in forums yet.

I handled a Romanian WASR not too long ago. Looked pretty well used and had rough wood, had bayonet and sling, and was missing cleaning kit and he wanted $590 for it. If he was asking $450 or less, I’d have brought it home. It was exactly what I want, but I don’t care about a bayonet, and do want the cleaning kit.

I’m kind of set on a Romanian WASR because of the price. I’ve never heard a single negative comment about them, other than the canted sights, which I’ve heard is an easy fix. Might be an easy fix for some, but doesn’t sound like an easy fix for me.

I'm afraid so! I've been eyeballing coctailers Del-tons. :s0142:

Will

one of his, haven't had a chance to get a rear sight and shoot it yet. Haven't even shot my AK-74 either.

Hmm... sounds like a trip to the gun shop for sights and then a trip to the range coming up!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC Member
ACSWW Member

Well, here it is. I have just about got the conversion completed. I am still going to ad a muzzle break, sling, folding mechanism for the stock and a proper optics setup.

IMG_3865-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads