JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this Beretta 92FS Inox. It is Italian made and about 20 years old. I bought it used sometime around '95. It has been the most reliable pistol I have owned, with no problems after thousands of rounds.

IMG_0313.jpg

As time has gone by, I haven't shot it as much, because I was never that accurate with it. I have since bought several highly customized 1911's and other guns that I was much better with. I had always chalked the poor performance up to the inherent inaccuracy of the gun, without really thinking about it.

I was reading a post on a forum about how inaccurate the Beretta Cougars were. Others pointed out that the Cougars had a reputation for a stiff trigger pull, and it was probably the shooter and not the gun, as they were very accurate with theirs. I thought about my 92FS, and thought it is time to make this gun interesting again....

So I started off with some presentation grips....

2011-09-11145242.jpg

Then I got a factory hammer spring from from the 92D model (double action only). This spring is light and shorter than the standard 92FS spring, making both the DA/SA trigger pull lighter on my gun, but still strong enough to ignite all primers.

Next was a hammer from the Elite II model. It is skeletonized for a faster lock time.

Lastly, some new Mec-Gar 20 round magazines, increasing the capacity of the gun from 15 to 20rnds with an extended (+2) baseplate. The mags are thick steel with a high quality matte black finish. They have round holes for every number up to 18, and fit very nicely

2012-01-20124845.jpg

I took it to the range today, ran the target to end, and methodically lit off a 20 round mag. About 2 seconds between shots, just to test the whole system.

2012-01-20124856.jpg

I am very happy with the results. This was freehand shooting, and I won't call it good shooting, but it shows a significant improvement for me. 20 rounds from this gun before would have been a 50% larger grouping, with 2 or 3 flyers. I can cover this group with my hand

I was so happy with the improvement, I thought I would share. The factory hammer and spring I got at brownells for less than $30 with shipping. The mags were from CDNN, and the grips were an ebay find. They are all available elswhere, but that is where I found the best pricing at the time.

Congrats, I have had 2 92FS and currently own an M9 and all have been very accurate for me. I'll have to check out that 20 round magazine you mentioned. I too use the "D" spring to lighten the DA pull on the trigger. I currently have lasergrips and a M3 light on mine and it makes a good home defense pistol.

Very nice, although I've never heard any complaints of the 92FS having poor accuracy...Mine is well worn, 100% reliable, and is a tack driver. The only mods I've done were to replace the stock grips w/ Hogues and install the 92D mainspring. The SA pull is light and the reset is very short out of the box. I just wish the front sight was replaceable...

Very nice. I also have a fondness for my 92FS. All in black and a real tack driver. I added a LaserMax to it for HD use. I like the pulsing laser. For me it is easier to pick up quickly.
Wish I had known about those 20rd mags much sooner. I really have all I need already :)

Thanks for showing off your beauty.

Very nice, although I've never heard any complaints of the 92FS having poor accuracy...Mine is well worn, 100% reliable, and is a tack driver. The only mods I've done were to replace the stock grips w/ Hogues and install the 92D mainspring. The SA pull is light and the reset is very short out of the box. I just wish the front sight was replaceable...

Yes, after the changes, the gun has become very accurate for me. I almost bought the adjustable rear sight (about $60), but the gun came with night sights that are still bright enough to work, so I didn't want to replace them.

Glad to see Beretta lovers still around. My tigger on my 92fs and my 92a1 sport a 5 lb s/a pull with the wolf 16,17 lb spring cant remember. Smply a stunning piece of art. Love the pre warning INOX.Dang now i gotta try and take a good pic of my berettas.ehh hold on.Best i can do with a phone. I made 2 stands out of granite the other one looks like digi cam. I might sell it...

IMAG0276.jpg
IMAG0284.jpg

Thankyou, shes my pimp gun lol. The comp is to easy to mount, i got it from rick on the beretta forums. The movie the professional made it famous.Its goes on with an extended guide rod and a hex bolt, and the barrel locks up into the bushing at the top.Its very high quality materials. I still have yet to shoot with it but i hear it tightens your group up as well as muzzle flip. The group size gets better becase the barrel locks up in the exact same battery evertime. Thats the theory anyway, ill soon find out and report. Ill take the flip to show muzzle lift between her and the A1.

I love your wood grips with the PB logo, most are just plain wood.

Oh yeah, looks like johnson creek huh?

Thankyou, shes my pimp gun lol. The comp is to easy to mount, i got it from rick on the beretta forums. The movie the professional made it famous.Its goes on with an extended guide rod and a hex bolt, and the barrel locks up into the bushing at the top.Its very high quality materials. I still have yet to shoot with it but i hear it tightens your group up as well as muzzle flip. The group size gets better becase the barrel locks up in the exact same battery evertime. Thats the theory anyway, ill soon find out and report. Ill take the flip to show muzzle lift between her and the A1.

I love your wood grips with the PB logo, most are just plain wood.

Oh yeah, looks like johnson creek huh?

You got it! Maybe I'll see you there sometime. You can't miss that piece.

I look forward to reading your report on the compensator & bushing. I had been looking at some of the discontinued models like the combat, stock, or steel-i, but they are all big bucks nowdays. The comp looks like a fun way to hot rod the standard pistol and get the same effect.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top