JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Attorney General Holder says, "WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO POSSESS GUNS."

TAKES 10 SECONDS ... DO IT AND PASS IT ON.
Guess they were not happy with the poll results the first time, so USA today is running another one...Vote now...
Attorney General Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. He does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. Then pass the link on to all the pro-gun folks you know. Hopefully the results will be published later this month.
Here's what you need to do:
First- vote.
Second- Send it to other folks,
then we will see if the results get published.
Click to vote:

USATODAY.com http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

maybe a little old, but it needs to be pointed out on things going on with fast and furious and this administration and the people it has working for them. just a little reminder but I guess some people will still support this administration

maybe a little old, but it needs to be pointed out on things going on with fast and furious and this administration and the people it has working for them. just a little reminder but I guess some people will still support this administration

There's a number of threads here on Fast and Furious that aren't exactly commending the administration or AG for their efforts.

usa_today_polla.jpg

Poll « The Way of the Multigun

It may be an old poll but I think it's still good to know and keep in mind..

If you do look at the poll, 11,043,161 (97%) people have voted that the second amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. That's still good news to me :)

A poll from 2007, within which 97% disagree is not what I would classify as a real concern...So maybe that makes me a putz, I don't however believe that to be the case

I was watching Rachel Maddow last night in which she had an old clip where she saw a bunch of protestors in Alaska hanging out on a street corner with signs protesting the election of Lisa Murkowski. She asked them why they were outside protesting and the protestors said because she had voted for allowing Eric Holder to be Attorney General and he was anti-gun. So she asked them what he had done specifically that was "anti-gun" and they really couldn't give a definitive answer. She asked another and the woman didn't really have any factual reasoning for why she was against Eric Holder.

They came off as a bunch of angry confused people. Can't they do a google search on a public official to find out the facts before they make up that he is anti-gun.

Also on TRMS there was a right wing conspiracy theorist, one of the ones who told his listeners to break the windows of Democratic law makers offices who had voted for the Healthcare law, saying that the plan by Eric Holder, was to let some guns get into the hands of Mexican criminals, so they would kill each other, and then he could ignite a campaign against guns. That really doesn't sound plausible, I really don't have any faith or trust anything coming from the fact free zone of the right wing conspiracy bubble, since I've seen so many of their conspiracy theory's (such as Obama not being a citizen) flatly proven 100% false and they still believe in that crap in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The last AG pissed me off a lot more than Eric Holder, when he told Arlen Specter in a Senate hearing, that US Citizens have no right to Habeas Corpus. That truly pissed me off, that the top law enforcement official in the country said the Bush administration can pick Americans off the street and hold them indefinitely without trial for no reason what so ever. I didn't see any major protests coming from the right when that blatant violation of a fundamental US Constitutional right was not allowed by the AG back then. To me I see being picked up off the street and held indefinitely to be a major breach of my constitutional rights than some guns getting in the hands of Mexican criminals.

Oh and BTW, F&F started in 2006, so it started under the Bush administration, so Obama inherited this scandal from the last administration. Don't hear too many people talking about that though.

edit: I also think taking guns away from citizens would be highly impractical for law enforcement. I don't know about you guys, but I've always said that I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward. In other words, if some police came to take my gun away and I hadn't done anything violent or threatening to warrant it, they would have to pry my handgun from my cold dead hands. I imagine a lot of other gun owners feel the same way towards law enforcement attempting to take guns away from its citizenry. Obviously very anti-gun laws in Chicago did nothing to prevent gun violence in that city.

I was watching Rachel Maddow last night in which she had an old clip where she saw a bunch of protestors in Alaska hanging out on a street corner with signs protesting the election of Lisa Murkowski. She asked them why they were outside protesting and the protestors said because she had voted for allowing Eric Holder to be Attorney General and he was anti-gun. So she asked them what he had done specifically that was "anti-gun" and they really couldn't give a definitive answer. She asked another and the woman didn't really have any factual reasoning for why she was against Eric Holder.

They came off as a bunch of angry confused people. Can't they do a google search on a public official to find out the facts before they make up that he is anti-gun.

Also on TRMS there was a right wing conspiracy theorist, one of the ones who told his listeners to break the windows of Democratic law makers offices who had voted for the Healthcare law, saying that the plan by Eric Holder, was to let some guns get into the hands of Mexican criminals, so they would kill each other, and then he could ignite a campaign against guns. That really doesn't sound plausible, I really don't have any faith or trust anything coming from the fact free zone of the right wing conspiracy bubble, since I've seen so many of their conspiracy theory's (such as Obama not being a citizen) flatly proven 100% false and they still believe in that crap in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The last AG pissed me off a lot more than Eric Holder, when he told Arlen Specter in a Senate hearing, that US Citizens have no right to Habeas Corpus. That truly pissed me off, that the top law enforcement official in the country said the Bush administration can pick Americans off the street and hold them indefinitely without trial for no reason what so ever. I didn't see any major protests coming from the right when that blatant violation of a fundamental US Constitutional right was not allowed by the AG back then. To me I see being picked up off the street and held indefinitely to be a major breach of my constitutional rights than some guns getting in the hands of Mexican criminals.

Oh and BTW, F&F started in 2006, so it started under the Bush administration, so Obama inherited this scandal from the last administration. Don't hear too many people talking about that though.

edit: I also think taking guns away from citizens would be highly impractical for law enforcement. I don't know about you guys, but I've always said that I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward. In other words, if some police came to take my gun away and I hadn't done anything violent or threatening to warrant it, they would have to pry my handgun from my cold dead hands. I imagine a lot of other gun owners feel the same way towards law enforcement attempting to take guns away from its citizenry. Obviously very anti-gun laws in Chicago did nothing to prevent gun violence in that city.

might check the dates again that was wide reciever totaly different

I don't think it matters much that Holder is anti-gun. Lots of people/politicians are anti-gun and so far it hasn't really changed anything. I do not believe in the real world the second amendment will be voided any time soon. I really should buy stock with Reynolds Wrap, with all the aluminum foil hats you people like to make and wear I'd be rich enough to buy more guns. I simply do not believe government will ever be efficient enough to allow a fundamental freedom like the second amendment to be stripped from us. I agree we the people need to keep a wary eye on the thieving politicians, but I don't agree a known anti-gun advocate spouting the usual predictable rhetoric is a reason for hysterics...And Jimmy, we all know you're a devout liberal, but at some point your boy Obama has to take some responsibility for something! constantly pointing the finger at Bush the W and laying everything on him is absurd- a lot of it is his fault, but plenty has gone south on Obama's watch and he and the people that elected him need to carry that weight themselves instead of constantly trying to shift blame to anyone else

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top