JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone here check out the Kenmore range? After paying for the one time membership fee and pro rated yearly fee all you pay for is targets and then you also have access to the members only 300yrd rifle range. There's also a lot of othe benefits.

If any of you guys want to share a good shooting spot let me know. I am maintaining a pretty large map of ranges, pits and some honey holes at <broken link removed> .

Anyone here check out the Kenmore range? After paying for the one time membership fee and pro rated yearly fee all you pay for is targets and then you also have access to the members only 300yrd rifle range. There's also a lot of othe benefits.

You'll find me one day, every week, at Kenmore for at least half a day. Only down side of the Kenmore Range is that Pistol is strictly Slow Fire @25 yards only (50 yards with "Special Use") and all rifle is "Load one round only", even for members. The good news is that you don't have some "yahoo" whose first firearm is an AK-47 shooting up the range like a fool.

I used to be a member at Sam's but there is one jerk that works the range that totally turns me off. I am sure it is the same tool that rubs everyone else wrong and I don't know why with his reputation they keep him employed there.

Why you wouldn't be talking about Tom would you? Or is it "Thom". An ex Everett Cop with an ego as large as the city itself. He's there because he's "connected" to the owner in some way or another.

I quit shooting there because of him. It got so bad that I'd walk in the back door, see him, and leave through the Gun Shop, looking to see if there was anything that might catch my eye. The Gun Shop has gone so far downhill in the last year or so that I just quit going there entirely. They used to have a somewhat credible supply of Dillon products and reloading supplies for Pistol calibers. Now it appears that they are dumping everything.

Sam's is no longer on my "Destination List" and the owner can thank Tom for the better part of my decision.

Last Edited:

I go to Kenmore every once in a while, I enjoy it quite a bit. The shotgun range has been excellent every time, and the rifle range, while packed on weekends, is great too. I have not encountered any jackasses being unsafe (yet).

The range staff have been courteous and helpful. I am annoyed with the "load only one round" rule, makes it a chore to practice with my AR-15.

I haven't tried the pistol range yet. Just tried out Wade's indoor range for pistols the other day, I was pretty impressed. The retail prices on stuff there is pretty steep (Eastside markup ahoy!), but the facility was nice and the staff were more than helpful.

Why you wouldn't be talling about Tom would you? Or is it "Thom". An ex Everett Cop with an ego as large as the city itself. He's there because he's "connected" to the owner in some way or another.

I quit shooting there because of him. It got so bad that I'd walk in the back door, see him, and leave through the Gun Shop, looking to see if there was anything that might catch my eye. The Gun Shop has gone so far downhill in the last year or so that I just quit going there entirely. They used to have a somewhat credible supply of Dillon products and reloading supplies for Pistol calibers. Now it appears that they are dumping everything.

Sam's is no longer on my "Destination List" and the owner can thank Tom for the better part of my decision.

I only go to Sam's if it's a spur of the moment "lets go practice" with my friend, or if I go with a relative who is a member there. Over the last few years, I have also noticed the decline in "quality personnel" there. This is the one place where I have encountered people not practicing safe firearm handling principles!

If any of you guys want to share a good shooting spot let me know. I am maintaining a pretty large map of ranges, pits and some honey holes at <broken link removed> .

Hello, that area that pit south of big lake is DNR land? and it's ok to shoot that close to highway 9? it sure looks close but maybe it's not that close. and do you know how busy this is with shooters?

thanks

Hello, that area that pit south of big lake is DNR land? and it's ok to shoot that close to highway 9? it sure looks close but maybe it's not that close. and do you know how busy this is with shooters?

thanks

I have never been there personally, but I hear it's a decent shooting area and fairly well known.

quick question for shooting outdoors in Snohomish county, I live on 5 acres and have a spot that has a natural back stop, a buddy tells me I am free to shoot there since I am in the county and not any city,

is this true?

where can I find out for sure?

thanks

quick question for shooting outdoors in Snohomish county, I live on 5 acres and have a spot that has a natural back stop, a buddy tells me I am free to shoot there since I am in the county and not any city,

is this true?

where can I find out for sure?

thanks

I'd definitely check the No Shooting Area map first. Be sure to check County Ordinances to make sure that your shooting area, no matter how safe it appears, is not too close to roads, other dwellings, etc. It would also pay to make sure you know all your neighbors real well or every time you shoot you'll be visited by a Deputy or two answering a noise/shooting complaint. A few of those and YOUR area will then be added to the map.

I grew up on a 10 acre "farm" and even it was a little close for shooting noise.

I'd definitely check the No Shooting Area map first. Be sure to check County Ordinances to make sure that your shooting area, no matter how safe it appears, is not too close to roads, other dwellings, etc. It would also pay to make sure you know all your neighbors real well or every time you shoot you'll be visited by a Deputy or two answering a noise/shooting complaint. A few of those and YOUR area will then be added to the map.

I grew up on a 10 acre "farm" and even it was a little close for shooting noise.

thanks, sound advice,

man I was itching to shoot my new little kel-tec P11, $235 for a 9mm that holds 10 + 1 rounds. it has a really long trigger pull like a revolver, with no safety on it I guess for this reason. anyway, sams gun shop on airport road in everett out by boeing. figured sunday, might not be that busy, and especially if I went there early in the morning. so I go there, and there are like 33 cars in the lot at 10am. these guys don't go to church. the place full of people with the inside of the shooting area looking like a rock concert, 4 guys loading 30 round mags in their rifles, every spot taken, people milling around behind all the shooters, etc etc. it just turned me off so I left. then thinking ok, maybe around 4pm, it will be somewhat cleared out, people have gotten their shooting out of the way for the day, time to go home for dinner, go home to the wife etc so I go back there and there are MORE cars out there, this time I counted 45 cars in the lot, every spot taken. (and the first time I went, in the morning, only the range was open, not the store.)

but went there on a tuesday at 4pm and it was so slow that 3 gang bangers 18 year olds just wandered in and asked if they could shoot, and the guy says "have fun!" and they got to shoot no problem. one review I read about this place said that he didn't like the fact that the sole person responsible has his back to the shooters and is busy helping people at the desk, selling them targets etc and pays no attention to the shooters. maybe it's no big deal but I don't feel comfortable shooting around tons of people whom I don't know, it seems to me that any one of them could just start wondering around with a loaded gun near their shooting lane and nobody would care or notice. not to mention I would think your concentration would suffer with 28 guns going off at the same time. I want that lonely area in the great outdoors. guess I'm going up to green mountain and try to find some place 100ft from the main road with an earthen backstop.

there is this cool shooting/training school thing in chehalis, a great outdoor place with even a 300 yard rifle range, but I don't know if it's open to the public or if i'ts just a training center.

You gotta love Sam's... i go there from time to time because it's the closest range but yeah.. it can seem dangerous.. there is a good outdoor range in Kenmore.. but the pistol range is 25 yards..if you don't mind that then it's an okay place to shoot..

You gotta love Sam's... i go there from time to time because it's the closest range but yeah.. it can seem dangerous.. there is a good outdoor range in Kenmore.. but the pistol range is 25 yards..if you don't mind that then it's an okay place to shoot..

Just a FYI: Sams closed a while ago.

Just an update,

SAMs as mentioned is gone for good. Green mountain will get you a ticket if you get caught.

There are some places closer in, but you need a discover pass and you will have to walk in to the shooting areas. I'm sure these will be closed eventually because asshats keep leaving their trash behind and shoot like fools.

Sultan is closed down due to Spada lake being protected, there are also some spots out in the Cherry valley between Monroe and Duvall. Almost all of these are walk in and you need a discover pass.

If there's any interest I have a pass and would be ok showing some forum members the areas mentioned as long as you are willing to help pack out garbage. I'm not posting the locations here for obvious reasons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top