JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PIles of shingles from a stripped off roof, washers, dryers, refrigerators, old sofas, tires, rims, autos, whole house carpet, and regular trash. Seen it all.
We all know the reasons these people dump this kind of bubblegum in the woods. Dump fees soared years ago. I knew at the time what would happen eventually. Early on when I moved here I was hauling rubbish for people. Yard debris and such. I remember when they came up with trucking the cities garbage all the way to Arlington and knew that garbage rates would soar.

Pigs are every where.
I've been organizing shooting pit clean ups for about five years now up in the Darrington area.
It's amazing how much stuff they leave behind after they get done with their recreational activities.
I take my grandson out so he can shoot everything weekend from spring until fall and pick up trash on every outings.
I will be organizing a pit clean up for some time in June. I'll pick a pit and then start the planing and try to get the volunteers together for the clean up.
I contact the DNR so they can shut to pit down for the clean up and they generally send a person there to take care of any problems that might arise.
Our last clean up the DNR flipped the bill for the dump fees on 5,000 pounds plus of trash we dumped at the Snohomish "County transfer station.

It's an on going situation with these dumb azz wipes and their trash.
They are to stupid to figure it out, leave your garbage and they shut the pits down, simple as that.
I've really enjoyed your posts over the years, and watching your grandson grow while learning to shoot in a responsible manor. That's a lucky boy to have this with his Grandpa!

Are shooters the worst litterers?

No - IMO/IME - that designation belongs to the people who haul their garbage out of the city and dump it in the rural areas - often in the ditches along the road. This includes stolen/junk cars, furniture, appliances, etc., and just plain daily living garbage. It even includes pets they don't want. On top of that, they sometimes vandalize those areas.

Somewhere along the way we've lost the personal connection to the land. We are the stewards and owners of public lands. The more we say it's someone else's problem/job to pick up the mess the easier it is for the powers that be to take charge of the problem with gates and padlocks for our own good. In order to keep public access to public (our) lands we've got to take care of it no matter who made the mess. Pointing fingers is just passing the buck. I may be wrong but I believe this old song still rings true:

Are shooters the worst litterers?

No - IMO/IME - that designation belongs to the people who haul their garbage out of the city and dump it in the rural areas - often in the ditches along the road. This includes stolen/junk cars, furniture, appliances, etc., and just plain daily living garbage. It even includes pets they don't want. On top of that, they sometimes vandalize those areas.
Hell, these days the dregs don't waste the gas going out of the city. With the lack of law enforcement and actual punishment for bad behavior, and illegal activity, they just dump somewhere right here in town. Saving GAS Y'know! A week doesn't go by that the Albertson's store near us doesn't have a bunch of tires, construction debris, plain old Garbage, stoles cars, you name it, dumped in their back parking lot! Doesn't cost them a Penny! But you know it ads to the cost of FOOD!
I really hate to say it, but that makes it more likely it's the rural folks that do that bubblegum out in those places.

Tomorrow's activites.:(
1000003523.jpg 1000003518.jpg
Somewhere a lot of people have lost the ability to determine what is right and wrong.
Dump fees are crazy high and they won't take some stuff. Tires have a huge fee.
Said group of people are lazy and someone else will do it.
People get paid to haul stuff, cheaper if I just dump it illegally. More money I can put in my pocket.
It isnt rich or poor. Saw a guy in a 100k truck leave all his targets last year just as we were arriving. I still use some of them.
Yeah we find some neat items every now and then like this little girl.
1000003279.jpg
But we have meet some great people. Bill, Mike, Mike and others. Also get to see some neat areas of the state that might not see otherwise. Darrington was amazing. Fortunately blessed with a great wife who likes to explore also. Might actually shoot tomorrow also. Now to clean up the house and work on the catio.
Happy Memorial Day. Thank you vets.

Tomorrow's activites.:(
View attachment 1888030View attachment 1888031
Somewhere a lot of people have lost the ability to determine what is right and wrong.
Dump fees are crazy high and they won't take some stuff. Tires have a huge fee.
Said group of people are lazy and someone else will do it.
People get paid to haul stuff, cheaper if I just dump it illegally. More money I can put in my pocket.
It isnt rich or poor. Saw a guy in a 100k truck leave all his targets last year just as we were arriving. I still use some of them.
I am still picking up bottles on my property that the previous owner left - trying to hide his drinking from his wife. They also left behind the axles and a frame for a mobile home - I think that was the owner before them, but they could have easily had it removed - I had it removed for free (after I pulled it out from the brambles) by a guy who hauled it off for the scrap value.

The PO left behind a lot of other crap too that I am still dealing with. They were all anti-logging, but left a lot of plastic (plant pots and broken irrigation hose) behind.

Neighbor was saying just the other day that he is still find crap that was dumped on his property long before he got there - he finds it because after he had some acreage logged the crap was uncovered. Another neighbor remodeled repaired the home they bought - real nice, but has not hauled off a junk pickup & boat left behind by the previous owners - it sits across the road from their house and looks quite junky. They put the property up for sale for just shy of $1M and got no offers - I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Yeah, some rural folks dump stuff, but it is usually on their own property, not others.

After this weekend I think it is some people with shotguns in the woods or lazy good for nothings.
Friday was mostly shotgun shells and the crap they shot up. Today it was the lazy.
Even found some needles and a bong in the pile. Some idiot even tried to drive over the couch I posted earlier. Fridays clean up area was redecorated with shotgun hulls by early this morning. Hopefully common sense and a greater understanding of responsibility comes back into fashion soon.😀
1000003545.jpg 1000003544.jpg 1000003548.jpg 1000003547.jpg 1000003549.jpg

After this weekend I think it is some people with shotguns in the woods or lazy good for nothings.
Friday was mostly shotgun shells and the crap they shot up. Today it was the lazy.
Even found some needles and a bong in the pile. Some idiot even tried to drive over the couch I posted earlier. Fridays clean up area was redecorated with shotgun hulls by early this morning. Hopefully common sense and a greater understanding of responsibility comes back into fashion soon.😀
View attachment 1888976View attachment 1888977View attachment 1888978View attachment 1888980View attachment 1888979
That looks like a great spot to set up a cheap game camera and get some pictures of the little piggies. I'd think the sheriff would be interested, even if not able to do much about it.

View attachment 1888976View attachment 1888977View attachment 1888978View attachment 1888980View attachment 1888979
Very nice work! I took my son's out yesterday along with some good friends to shoot near Monument Peak. I haven't been shooting in the woods for over a year. Was a very nice trip. Found a spot that had a good backstop, proceeded to shoot several hours, had a great time. We all pitched in and left the place far cleaner than we found it, the place really didn't have a lot of trash, just shotgun shells and some old targets.

going back 12 to 14 years ago I saw the same thing in the public lands east of Estacada. It was what shooters do.,..bring a hot water heater, a washing machine any kind of target and then destroy it and leave it there......this site NWFA formed a cleanup effort (some of you reading this were likely there with me) and had a trash container from waste management placed at teh site (I would estimate 15 to 20 yards)...we filled it and the site looked great...not pristine, but great.....I went back 4 weeks later it looked the same as it did before we started cleaning weeks prior.

It is amazing that someone can use the forest as a landfill and simply think its ok....dumping and shooting is dumping.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top