JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you looking for a dedicated .22 rimfire barreled upper or just the barrel?

Would you ever want to shoot .223/5.56mm out of the same upper?

Do you intend on putting a stock on the lower for this upper? Side folder maybe?

I have a 557 sbr now and wanna put a 22 upper on it for a bit cheaper shooting

Assuming you mean 5.56 in an AR/M-16 platform, there are several companies which produce dedicated .22 rimfire uppers and barrels.

You can also get a drop in .22LR conversion which will replace your BCG in your existing upper.

I would however recommend a dedicated upper as .22lr is incredibly dirty and can foul your DI gas system.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Above are several examples of Commercial Off The Shelf products.
Depending on your needs it can be cheaper to have it custom assembled per your spec.

Example:
Basic A4 flat top upper receiver: ~$100
Cmmginc stainless steel 22 internals: ~$200
Cmmginc .22lr barrel in 16" ~$99
Cut and Crown to your specified length $75
Free float hand guard of your choosing. We predominantly use Daniel Defense or JP rifles.

Jp works the best if you want to mount a silencer under the hand guard.

Bottom line is, for the same price of a COTS product you can have the best parts assembled precisely to your liking while not having to spend extra money on parts that will ultimately be removed and or replaced.

Nordic componenets, CMMG, Spikes, Pick up a used colt 1/12 barrel and chop down to 5". Beyond that there's a few places doing just barrels- one guy is in washington and drawing a blank but is red or rez something.

Nordic componenets, CMMG, Spikes Pick up a used colt 1/12 barrel and chop down to 5". Beyond that there's a few places doing just barrels- one guy is in washington and drawing a blank but is red or rez something.
Spike's is not currently in the AR 22 market. You'd have to find a used upper if you want a Spike's.

I lurked on arfcom long enough to find a 8.5" dedicated 22lr cmmg barrel in the equipment exchange (mods sorry if I'm not supposed to reference another forum).

Anyways - they are out there, just a little hard to find.

nate

More expensive but fun option would be grab a M&P15-22p as well as a standard M&P15-22, register the rifle lower as an sbr and boom you have 4 really neat .22 AR options...... Though the M&P 15-22p is getting a lil tough to come by. I was lucky enough to buy the Pistol version on a bit of a whim and saw S&W discontiued it 2 weeks later! so now Im in the market to make this package myself.

Nordic componenets, CMMG, Spikes, Pick up a used colt 1/12 barrel and chop down to 5". Beyond that there's a few places doing just barrels- one guy is in washington and drawing a blank but is red or rez something.
You were close with the name
Some example pictures
A 4.5" barrel and a 7" hand guard with a 5" can
JoshG45inchbarrelupper2w.jpg
A 9" barrel and a 7" hand guard with exposed threads
JohnS9inchupperwithcmmg460dedicatedkit5w.jpg
A 5.5" barrel with a 7" hand guard and a long flash hider
ACs55inch22upperw.jpg
and with a 5" can
ACs55inch22upper3w.jpg
A 8" barrel with a 7" hand guard with the threads hidden
WTs8inch22upper7w.jpg