Any ranges that allow steel cased ammo?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Turtle, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Turtle

Turtle New Member

0   0   0
    Im in the seattle area and the ranges i go to does not allow steel cased ammo. Is there a reason why? I would just go to the forest but im sure there is still snow.I have been wanting to test out my ak. Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Swedish K

Swedish K Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporter

3   0   0
    various reasons that the indoor ranges don't like steel case - one reason is that they don't want to have to separate the steel case from the brass - some ranges have contracts for their brass and get a lower rate if its mixed. Another reason is that steel case ammo is usually eastern block surplus and some of that had steel core - they are concerned that the backstops might get damaged. I think the most likely reason that most of them don't allow it is that way you buy their ammo and they get a profit from it.
  3. CarlMc

CarlMc Member

0   0   0
    Sam's up in Everett does. I regularly use up my 9MM steel jacket Wolf there. The other range I go to in Arlington doesn't, but they are less restrictive in other areas.
  4. B-Towner

B-Towner Member

0   0   0
    I go to Champions in Kent. I don't believe there's a restriction there. Have done it myself repeatedly.
  5. Turtle

Turtle New Member

0   0   0
    Thanks for all the info. I usually went to champions in Kent before I moved and they didn't allow steel cased ammo. I'll check out Sam's and see how it goes. Thanks guys!
  6. supergenius

supergenius Active Member

3   0   0
    ditto for sams