JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im in the seattle area and the ranges i go to does not allow steel cased ammo. Is there a reason why? I would just go to the forest but im sure there is still snow.I have been wanting to test out my ak. Any help will be appreciated.

various reasons that the indoor ranges don't like steel case - one reason is that they don't want to have to separate the steel case from the brass - some ranges have contracts for their brass and get a lower rate if its mixed. Another reason is that steel case ammo is usually eastern block surplus and some of that had steel core - they are concerned that the backstops might get damaged. I think the most likely reason that most of them don't allow it is that way you buy their ammo and they get a profit from it.

Thanks for all the info. I usually went to champions in Kent before I moved and they didn't allow steel cased ammo. I'll check out Sam's and see how it goes. Thanks guys!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top