JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So--How do we deal with malls? Last time I checked Lancaster Mall in
Salem had "no weapons" stickers on the entry doors. That's mall
policy, and may not reflect the policy of the tenant stores. So far
my reaction has been to ignore the sign. I figure the worst they can
do is ask me to leave--and I'm sure not going to tell them I'm carrying concealed.

Remember when there was a Anderson's Sporting Goods outlet inside
Lancaster Mall with a case full of handguns? Times change.

Well the best thing to do is to take a no guns then no business policy. The only places I don't carry are those specified by OR law which means if it's not barred by Oregon law but their own rules prohibit it I go ahead and concealed carry anyway Frackem! Now what I wouldn't do is open carry in a place that is posted as no firearms allowed.

It's virtually impossible to live an ordinary life and simultaneously boycott all anti-gun businesses. Just do the best you can, but don't forget to let them know why you're boycotting them.

Otherwise they'll never miss the business they didn't know they could have had.

I don't read "No Weapons" signs and tend to ignore them anyway. For cryin' out loud, I'm carrying concealed what they don't see doesn't exist! I do stash my piece whenever going into establishments that are verboten by law for weapons carry like banks, bars etc.

Keiths doesn't allow loaded firearms within the store, except for uniformed LEO. I wouldn't call them an "Anti-Gun Business". IMO there has to be more than just not wanting loaded guns (or open carry) on premises to establish an Anti-Gun position.

If I owned a gun shop I would have the same rule, but I would phrase it differently.

The intent is not to forbid concealed carry, the intent is to prevent people from bringing loaded guns into the store and plopping them down on the counter for trade or repair.

A better choice would be to say "No Handling of loaded firearms on premises" If you have a loaded weapon...concealed or carried openly...leave it holstered. If you are going to be handling it for any reason on the premises...you should unload and clear it before you walk into the store and lay it on the counter.

Its not much different than how the gun club I belong to forbids the handling of weapons on the firing line while people are downrange hanging targets. That isnt "anti-gun", its just basic courtesy and safety protocol.

Most businesses have an anti-gun policy in place (their lawyers write their policies) but very few will enforce them unless YOU make them.

I don't read "No Weapons" signs and tend to ignore them anyway. For cryin' out loud, I'm carrying concealed what they don't see doesn't exist! I do stash my piece whenever going into establishments that are verboten by law for weapons carry like banks, bars etc.

Since when are banks and bars illegal to carry in? (Concealed, but open as well, if you want to make a scene.)

Costco- has a corporate policy of No Firearms... but I conceal and no one knows... I keep it in my kids diaper bag ;)... not really but still all they will do is ask you to leave. oh and I am under the impression wal-mart is cool with conceal carry... as long as it stays concealed... I havent had run-ins with either establishment only from reading clips from their corporate policies.

national Anti / Pro list : www.friendorfoe.us - just plug in a zip code and add your favorite pro or anti establishment.

Safeway - follows state law
Walmart - follows state law
barnes & noble - follows state law
toys r us - follows state law
lowes - follows state law
home depot - follows state law
fred meyer/kroger - follows state law
Washington Liquor Control Board - allows CC or OC

for corporate letters and email check this site

Pretty much all major businesses ..unfortunetly.i wish i could open carry and not have a "concerned" citizen call 911..have beaverton police come and put me on the ground and run my guns which came up clean...and even after i showed them ID, CCW, DPPST card, still acting like douche bags and treating me like a criminal..nwei back to the question//

WAL-MART (82nd) - asked to leave

All Safeway's - asked to leave

Fred Meyer - had people lookin at me like i was bin laden

THis country is going soft..and we, gun owners and The U.S Constitution's(what's left of it) supporters are being treated like criminals..HAVE A NICE DAY

Hmm. I could say, "what do you expect?" If you are legal for concealed carry, why the heck are you going into businesses and letting them see your gun? Besides, every town can have different open carry laws, and you CAN be arrested for open carry in a number of towns/cities in the northwest, but not for concealed.
You're asking for trouble. Just keep your gun concealed and consider not being so "in your face" with your weapon.

I carry in Walmart, Safeway, Fred Meyer all the time. They just don't know that I am, and that's the way it should be. I don't want some thief targeting me when they're about to rob the place.

Hmm. I could say, "what do you expect?" If you are legal for concealed carry, why the heck are you going into businesses and letting them see your gun? Besides, every town can have different open carry laws, and you CAN be arrested for open carry in a number of towns/cities in the northwest, but not for concealed.
You're asking for trouble. Just keep your gun concealed and consider not being so "in your face" with your weapon.

I carry in Walmart, Safeway, Fred Meyer all the time. They just don't know that I am, and that's the way it should be. I don't want some thief targeting me when they're about to rob the place.

That sucks that cities can set laws in Oregon, Washington State has a law restricting Cities and not allowing them to have stronger laws that go past State laws...

On-Point credit union.

The story below is a direct, yet edited for language, account by my wife.

Okay. I opened my account at WaMu when I was pregnant, That would be in 1998 and have had it in good standing since then. So... I go to OnPoint with 3 forms of picture ID (state, county, federal), a piece of unopened mail (Comcast bill), a pay stub from the federal government (has my SSN & EOD)... and they won't let me open an account because I don't have a PGE/PPL bill & a Visa/Mastercard (My husband has the bank card with him.) THEN I realise that she's holding my CHL in her hand, and is giving me THE MOST hostile once-over I've ever gotten & asks me what I "do" for the federal government. I told her that "I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs" and left it at that. I came here with my toddler, I told you I have a large quantity of cash on me, I repeatedly told you that I'm a federal employee, I can prove it, just because you don't like guns doesn't mean I'm not good enough for your bank!

I know things are tense because of current security restrictions, but I honestly feel my wife went in with more than adequate proof about who she is and what she does. It may be just the one employee but we're hesitant to do business with anyone who is that hostile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top