JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently I have been looking at who I make purchases from and have decided to make a conscious effort to buy more American made products. I'd like to hear some great American made guns from personal experience. I know that a lot of companies have different suppliers around the world, but what companies and guns stand out as great American products on the gun market today?

Not just US made, but if you really love Oregon.... Made in Cornelius (moved from California, eventually to Beaverton before their current home) .

Calico Light Weapon Systems.

http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/home/index.php?page=Home
Product Information

calico-cut.jpg
CalicoLibertyIII.jpg

Ugly, aren't they :D

I've wanted a Liberty III 9mm pistol with both 50 and 100 round helical-feed magazines since seeing them in "Spaceballs", and realizing that they were REAL guns when seeing the full-auto one in "Hard Boiled"

http://americansworking.com/guns.html Short list here.

Complicated. Do you mean a US company (Springfield Arms) or a US subsidiary of a foreign company (Beretta USA.) Do you mean a firearm actually manufactured in the US (Beretta), or manufactured by a US company abroad (Springfield.)

I have a 30 year old Ruger Blackhawk that has WAY better steel inside than my Italian made Ubertis' do. I think this is true of a lot of guns made offshore..great looking on the outside,not so hot on the internals. My next pair of sixguns will be Rugers.

The only legitimate knock on an otherwise fine US manufacturer, Ruger, is that they are cast and not forged. It is true that a casting will never be as strong as a forging, but it does not need to be. Ruger is the undisputed king of investment casting and their quality is wonderful. The SR1911, The Gunsite Scout, The SR556(which will go down as one of Ruger's finest acheivements), the SR pistol series and now the Ruger American bolt rifle that is sure to be great quality for a great price. It is unfortunate that Mr. Ruger had to pass away for certain things to happen. The idea of a Ruger AR was laughable 10 years ago, now they are producing fine piston driven rifles. Ruger will always get a percentage of my yearly income. Like a tithing. Ruger all the way. Kip

I can't remember who all current/past is but those building on frames supplied by Remsport. ( I have nothing against them at all, dang nice frames.)

The only legitimate knock on an otherwise fine US manufacturer, Ruger, is that they are cast and not forged. It is true that a casting will never be as strong as a forging, but it does not need to be. Ruger is the undisputed king of investment casting and their quality is wonderful. The SR1911, The Gunsite Scout, The SR556(which will go down as one of Ruger's finest acheivements), the SR pistol series and now the Ruger American bolt rifle that is sure to be great quality for a great price. It is unfortunate that Mr. Ruger had to pass away for certain things to happen. The idea of a Ruger AR was laughable 10 years ago, now they are producing fine piston driven rifles. Ruger will always get a percentage of my yearly income. Like a tithing. Ruger all the way. Kip

So out of curiousity- is all the metal that Pine Tree uses all 100% american never from overseas???

All these people and law enforcment agencys are buying these %$^#ing Glocks from Mr. Gaston Glock that hates us. The only thing that man likes about Americans is out money.
You can say that the glock will never break down and people put there life on it every day but guess what, you can do the same thing with an American made gun like the Smith & Weson M&P.
The only gun made oversees that I will buy again is the XDm or a Styer because they are so cheap and shoot like no other.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top