JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Start: Saturday, November 2, 2024 - 09:00 AM
End: Saturday, November 2, 2024 - 05:00 PM
Start: Sunday, November 3, 2024 - 09:00 AM
End: Sunday, November 3, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Not a horrible show as a vendor. Little things sold today, probably just about enough to cover the table cost. See if tomorrow brings more people out…
I Noticed that there were no "gun show at Linn County Fairgrounds/ Expo" folding signs anywhere between Monmouth/Independence and Albany, or between Corvallis and Albany, unlike in the past for ARPC and East Albany Lions Club. So a lack of advertisement probably is a big contributing factor.

Screenshot_20240504-172744_Samsung Internet.jpg

First time for me at a Wes Knodel show. I liked it. Was there in the afternoon when folks were saying it was pretty quiet. Not as big as I had hoped, and according to some about the same as ARPC earlier this Spring. Wonder if it's Grocery/Rent Inflation slowing down the economy and keeping people at home?

But I will go back next time.

First time for me at a Wes Knodel show. I liked it. Was there in the afternoon when folks were saying it was pretty quiet. Not as big as I had hoped, and according to some about the same as ARPC earlier this Spring. Wonder if it's Grocery/Rent Inflation slowing down the economy and keeping people at home?

But I will go back next time.
The ARPC show uses the whole building, no partitioning of the huge room. Both are great shows and other than Rickreal, the only ones I go to anymore.

One thing we all need to be aware of when it comes to the quality and quantity of the gun shows these days:

In the last year at least two major vendors have passed away. Between the two of them they held about 20 tables. There are others that have passed for sure. That coupled with the fact that a lot of vendors cannot get the inventory they need to justify paying for a table, fuel, meals and housing makes for a smaller show. As for the negative comments regarding the quality of the vendors, it is either purses, flea market material, jerky and other items or shrink the show. I think we all need to be aware of the changing times and work with it. It is either that or it is local gun shops and big box's.

Well, at the Polk County Flea Market (every 1st Sundays of the months except August); there are at least 3, probably 5 at most, vendors who would fit right in at the gun show, and two of them are regularly at the ARPC and East Albany Lions Club gun shows. They no longer sell guns at the flea market; due to SB941. But they always had knives, military items and historical hunting/military books.

I Noticed that there were no "gun show at Linn County Fairgrounds/ Expo" folding signs anywhere between Monmouth/Independence and Albany, or between Corvallis and Albany, unlike in the past for ARPC and East Albany Lions Club. So a lack of advertisement probably is a big contributing factor.
The promoters themselves made the comment that they probably need to get more signs out. Keep in mind that someone has to go out and place the signs and retrieve them. Shows like ARPC and Lions Club depend on unpaid volunteers for most of their staff. If you have to pay employees to drive around for that function, it does change the dynamics a bit.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good gun show.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good gun show.
Agreed, while not as large as ARPC, it was still a pretty good show, all things considered. I did get the parts needed to complete my 2nd PSA A2 lower :D I was hoping to find either barreled or stripped retro A2 uppers or A2 upper parts for good prices but that didn't happen.

Edit
I haven't seen retro carry handle rifles or uppers at the Albany gun shows for years.

Agreed, while not as large as ARPC, it was still a pretty good show, all things considered. I did get the parts needed to complete my 2nd PSA A2 lower :D I was hoping to find either barreled or stripped retro A2 uppers or A2 upper parts for good prices but that didn't happen.

Edit
I haven't seen retro carry handle rifles or uppers at the Albany gun shows for years.
Yep, I looked and looked for a long time for A2 type parts. Ended up having to piece it together. While not exactly period correct, it's good enough for me. I wanted the 20" for better sight radius. Here it is, finished it about three weeks ago.
4612A77A-4074-4187-9B39-FDC37BDDAD53.jpeg

Yep, I looked and looked for a long time for A2 type parts. Ended up having to piece it together. While not exactly period correct, it's good enough for me. I wanted the 20" for better sight radius. Here it is, finished it about three weeks ago.
View attachment 1877556
I'm torn between 20" standard 5.56 (cheaper to put together than order pre-assembled)

Or 18" rifle length 5.56 SPR but retro A2 upper (no one offers that pre-assembled :s0140: )

i do think after I put this budget retro A2, my next would be a 20" stainless 6.5 Grendel but "Service/National Match" configuration; free float service rifle tube handguard thingy, JP clamp on front sight, flat top upper, A2 lower with fixed stock, quality drop in two-stage trigger, quality BCG.. would also benefit from quality optics too to wring out 6.5 grendel :D probably going to take a year or more putting it together

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top