Adv Carbine!

Discussion in 'Oregon Firearms Academy' started by deltaleader, Jul 28, 2011.

1. deltaleader

deltaleader Member

9   0   0
    Any chance you will have a Advanced Level 2 type Carbine class before the rain hits? I got 2 for your waiting list ;)
  2. OFADAN

OFADAN Well-Known Member

6   0   0
    We'd offer the class in a heartbeat but the hosting facility is having challenges (not with us but internally) and is unable accomadate our courses until their issues are resolved. Met with them last week for a short chat and they know our interest. Last year we offered the course during the wet season and it brought about even more realism!

Not much we can do for now I'm afraid. The facility where we offer the class gives us many-many options including the use of five areas of operation at the same time including steel out to 300+, a 100 yard range with our electronic mover, an area where we use a vehicle for cover, a winding trail with near/far threats, and more...so it is worth the wait!

If you know of a facility that would host this class and it requires lots of real estate to be effective then let me know. We have our own Action Target top of the line target systems to bring, we just need ground, and a lot of it!

The other option is we offer it again at OFA -which we can do. We have the capacity to do longer range work and we have the Adjudicator but we'd prefer to offer it at this other range. So if we don't get any movement soon I may ask Rick about having it at OFA like we used to do.
  3. deltaleader

deltaleader Member

9   0   0
    Thanks for the reply. I cannot think of any place off hand other than the COSSA range in Bend. That is where I took the Carbine class twice and Precision Rifle course. If offering locally at OFA is the only option for this year, sign me up. I would prefer to do this in the dry weather though ;) Hopefully you will get movement on the original option!