JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own both and as an earlier poster so accurately stated: 686 for range and the woods, K6s for CC. The K6s has a great trigger and they are finely finished with no sharp edges and good sights for CC. 25-6 ozs and I own a 3" DA/SA and I carry it in holsters made for the Ruger 3" SP 101. I use the HKS Dectective Special /DS speedloaders and I carry the Remington Golden Saber 125 grain 1250fps load and it shoots to POA. Great action and trigger pull and six rounds and a drift adjustable rear sight. My favorite small 357 revolver, the K6. And No it has been and continues to be a reliable shooter. Carries like a 3" SP101.

DSCF0759 (2).JPG

I have both, the kimber's satin finish does not fingerprint like the 686, the k6 is also the narrowest 6 shot .357 on the market.

Both firearms are high quality fit and finish.

I shot both today and while shooting the 686 double action, one round had a real gritty notchy action. I suspect this is due to the non recessed cylinder.
I have no regrets with the Smith but do agree with others to purchase an older model with the recessed cylinder.

I shot both today and while shooting the 686 double action, one round had a real gritty notchy action. I suspect this is due to the non recessed cylinder.
I have no regrets with the Smith but do agree with others to purchase an older model with the recessed cylinder.
It well could have been a grain of unburned powder under the star or something from keeping a round from seating fully.

My vote is for the 686. A few years ago I found one on sale, $784 for a 2.5 inch 686 plus. Ya it's a chunk but when you shoot a nice .357 mag load out of it, you want that weight. I don't know how people shoot a snub 500 lol. I wish my revolver was a 3 inch with a ported barrel, but I'm still very happy with my magnum.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews