JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one out there shoot this. I've had a .264 Win Mag and I now have a .284 Win and I'm putting together a 7X57 so I have some familiarity with this caliber range. On the surface it seems to be an improved 6.5 Creed with a bit better stats. Just got a bit of money that honey doesn't know about and I'm looking for something in this area. Your experience and comments would be appreciated.

I have a 6.5CM gas gun, so when I was looking for a bolt gun I wanted a different cartridge so the bolt gun and gas gun brass would not get missed together.

I was pretty sure I was going with 6.5PRC but then thought long and hard about the distances that I would shoot and it was going to be shooting paper 99% of the time. I was pulled towards a 6.5x47. Very accurate, and Lapua brass.

But now I am thinking more along the lines of a 6x47.

6.5PRC is great but if not shooting long distances I do not see much use.

In my little bit of internet research, it looks like you are burning 8-10 grains more powder to get 200 fps more than the 6.5 CM. While that is enough to make it shoot a little flatter, it's not enough to justify the shorter barrel life.

Depends on what you are doing with it though also. If this is a hunting rifle that you are going to shoot 10 rounds a year, sure why not have the better performance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top