JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 10 years ago I bought a used (second generation?) G19. Since that time, I have used it very regularly as my primary carry weapon. It is old enough that it has seen some wear and tear, but never abused, so I was surprised when I saw the "chip" out of the mag well. It was made in 1989 and I was the second owner.

After an afternoon of training (about 400 rounds), I noticed it had lost a good sized chunk out of the mag well. Notice that the break is in the thinned portion of the frame wall where it "flares" out.

BEFORE:
IMG_2974sm.JPG

I called glock and ended up shipping it to them. They had it for about a month (things are backed up) and they ended up replacing the frame. The packing list indicated that they "replaced frame, trigger bar, spring, firing pin, spring, locking block, slid stop lever, edp, assembly, magazine catch, spring, slide cover plate, spring, cups, recoil spring, follower, magazine springs."

That is a huge amount of work considering that they charged me $0.00 on a gun that was built in 1989.

Glock stands behind their stuff. Nice!

AFTER:
IMG_3480.jpg

So this story has a happy ending for everyone. Those who love glocks will say that here is more proof that glock is a great company that stands by their product and the haters will point out that the plastic gun broke like they said it would. :s0114:

Oh and its happy for me because I now have a gen 3 glock frame...

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_2974sm.JPG

heck the gun looks new i love glocks have two one a 27 one a29 very dependable and when somthing does go wrong its nice to see they stand up behind there product and then some

wow, that's really cool that glock would take care of you like that! did glocks come with the same 1 year warranty that they do now back then? it's hard enough to get some companies to cover repairs during the warranty period, much less that far outside of it. go glock!

btw - i just bought my first handgun recently... and yes it was a glock ;)

Glock stands behind their products, it doesn't matter if you are the original owner or the 15th. I have had many dealings with Glock over the years, and I have yet to be billed for anything. Outstanding customer service!

That is a 'SECOND' owner on a used GLOCK, who in any industry does that? Dillon Precision is the only other company I can think of that does something like that.

That is comforting to know.

When you said the serial numbers don't match, are you meaning on the frame or a new number on the frame vs. the slide?

SF-

The slide and barrel didn't change, so they have the original number. The frame, on the other hand, has a different number because it is new.

I've always been more interested in function over form anyway. Maybe that's why I own a glock. :s0114:

Ruger will stand behind their products like Glock did for this fellow. Been there, done that. Smith & Wesson won't if you didn't buy it new. Tried to get Savage to service a 110 bolt action. Had a tooling gouge in the chamber that happened when it was made. Caused the brass to flow into the gouge and stick in the chamber. Apparently the corporation that now owns Savage is different that the corp that owned it then and they won't even service those "Savage" guns. Not even if you offer to pay!
Customer service is king!

Anybody got any service experience with Colt, Remington or Winchester?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top