JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a request for assistance out in the County last night. The call came across as a man with a gun, possibly fighting with others.

Several of us responded, and was told the man had put the gun away and would be waiting for our arrival.

He was from Oregon, came to Washington to find his daughter who happen to be at a alcohol party. He found her, and a few of the subjects (intoxicated) thought the father should leave his daughter there, and threatened to kick his aft end. As they approached, the father drew into a SUL position and told them to get back, which upon eying the gun, reluctantly did.

Turns out the father's girlfriend was the one who made the 911 call, and knowing we would be responding, and that all was safe there, he unloaded the gun, and placed it in the car in plain sight. On his person was not only an Oregon CCW, but a Utah CCW as well, which is honored in WA State.

The gun was placed into the County car for safe keeping until the situation could be figured out. Witnesses not part of this fiasco, made statements which coincided with the father. The gun was returned to the man on the spot, statements were taken, arrests made of the subjects that made the threats, and all is well now.

I chalk this one up to a calm person who knew not only the laws of where he lives (Oregon) but also of where he carries.

I praised him for his excellent actions, and told him I wished more had his kind of head and thinking.

Be well out there folks.........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top