JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was on my way home the other day and passed a sign on the north end of Cornelius Pass that said, "Shoot Here." It got my attention right away as i have never seen it before so I turned around and went back to see what it was all about. There is a new business out that way that is pretty neat I thought. It is called Threat Dynamics and they do immersive small arms training.
When i walked in the door I was greeted by a gentleman named Ryan and he gave me the low down and an excellent tour of the facility. He told me that they were primarily a military/law enforcement training facility but had recently opened up to civilian training due to the high demand and recent firearm sales. Everything is simulated real life situations on a fairly complex video system. I was set back at how well it was put together. They use real weapons which are converted to use with their system and use lasers and a co2 gas system to simulate recoil and the actions of the weapons. The video portion of the set up was amazing. One would have to see it for themselves to appreciate the realism of video and sounds. In one of the stations you are surrounded by 5 video screens and are immersed in different real life situations.
Ryan ran me through a couple of scenarios to let me try it out. One was a convenience store robbery and i was a bystandard in the store. Two robbers entered, one stood in front of me and held up the clerk with a gun and the other went around some aisles and came a me from the side. I was slow on the draw and robber 1 shot the clerk then i shot him, robber two came around the back and got a shot off at me then i got him in the head. It all happened quickly and I was not really ready for it. I told Ryan that and he said that was the point and why they were there to give people that experience so they could be ready for the real thing. He showed me a belt that can be worn if one chooses that has tasers built in and simulates a gun shot if the wearer is hit in the scenario. I passed on that for the demo this time but I think it is a great idea to give a real consequence if one dose not react right in a life in death situation. He offered to run me through a couple more but i was short on time so had to cut the very generous demonstration short.
I am planning on going back soon to spend some more time there. He explained that they offer various classes or one can do an hourly rate on one of the ranges. You can go solo or with a group of friends. Pricing for an hour was no more than one would spend on a couple boxes of ammo while shooting paper targets at a normal range but in my opinion this would be a more useful practice for most occasions. There is a retail section as well and they sell some tactical gear, holsters and even Ammo!!! Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. Now everybody is gonna buy up my new source. :s0131::s0155:

Here is a link to their website if someone wants to check it out a little more before driving out here.... <broken link removed>

I was thinking that some of the board members could use this as a place to meet each other and pseudo shoot together. Maybe post it up in the events and get together section. We could get in on the group rate and convince each other to wear the shock belt and laugh our *sses off when one of us gets hit. Maybe it's not supposed to be funny in the training aspect of things but, all being fun in my world, I'd get a kick outa seeing somebody dropping to the floor screaming like a girl.:s0114:

I'll swing by there in the next couple of days to see what the group rates are and what they have available on the schedule. I'll post back when I have more info to see if people here might be interested.

I participated in a class that used an older version of this kind of video scenario shoot/no shoot drills. I was absolutely fascinated with it as a training tool, and did quite a bit of research into the various systems that are available. The one you described sounds like the one I was most impressed with in my research (can't remember the company name off-hand).

I've been looking for somebody offering it locally (Seattle) with no luck. I have a brother who lives in Hillsboro who might be getting a visit from me soon.

Thanks for sharing that info. It sounds like you received the royal tour for having just dropped by.

I stopped back by to talk to the guys at Threat Dynamics and they are all for hosting us as a group get together. I also let them know about this great forum and that there is supporting vendor ad space available so that maybe they can spread the word and keep their place fresh with new business. To qualify for the group rate of $25/head/hour we'd need at least five people who will commit to go. Ryan told me that I'd need give him some notice and have a head count of members who'd be attending to set things up in advance. He told me that weekends were available as well, so if anybody on Nwfa is out of town and wants to come it wouldn't be so bad. This weekend is no good for me (celebrating anniv.) so maybe next weekend of the 16/17th? I'll post it up in the events and get together section to get some feedback from everybody.

I let my buddy that is the business next to TD and NCA about the great posting you gave their new site. I am to go visit tomorrow myself. I will pass on the website forum info to them while I am there.
I am sure the guys will appreciate the good response.

ha, i did something like this awhile back. except it was in a semi trailer and you used real guns while only shooting at 1 screen. i dunno how it worked, but it was super cool to use a real gun. this may be the next best thing though with multiple screens and a larger area.

Hey Guys, SGT Ryan Tuttle here from Threat Dynamic. Thanks for the kind words on here:s0155: It would be our pleasure to have you guys in here for an event to shoot some ranges and bad guys. It’s hard to describe all that we do here but if you like shooting and are interested in using the same equipment we train all the local LE on then yell love this place. Check out our web site www.threatdynamic.com for more info. So I would also like to hear more about what's all going on around hear.:s0131: What’s new? What’s coming up?

Hey Guys, SGT Ryan Tuttle here from Threat Dynamic. Thanks for the kind words on here:s0155: It would be our pleasure to have you guys in here for an event to shoot some ranges and bad guys. It’s hard to describe all that we do here but if you like shooting and are interested in using the same equipment we train all the local LE on then yell love this place. Check out our web site www.threatdynamic.com for more info. So I would also like to hear more about what's all going on around hear.:s0131: What’s new? What’s coming up?

==============================================

Browns camp shooting pit clean up scheduled for next week end on the 12th at 9am.:s0155:

And I thought only the Military had fancy equipment. I tried the Marine Corps version at Swan Island (M16's) a couple of years ago when they had an "open house". It was a blast. I'm game for the group trip, question is when.

You guy making me cry..... (yes I am soft) I didn't know about this place when I was working at Intel.... Now I quit Intel moved to Grants Pass and find out about this place... Life is suck.....

Time to visit my coworkesr.... pershap I can get them to meet me at this place :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top