JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why I don't carry a Gun.

1. I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

2. I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

3. I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

4. I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

5. I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

6. I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

7. I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs as designed for a good long time to come.

8. I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

9. I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

10. I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

11. I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three violent thugs, I am inadequate.

12. I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

<broken link removed>

Well said, thanks, particularly in light of the Medias recent attempts to portray those with CHL's as of questionable character. They hide behind noble causes (making sure the Sheriff’s are properly reviewing the CHL applications) in their efforts to intimidate and ridicule us for exercising a Constitutional right. Just think how they would react if they were singled out, ridiculed and put at risk over the right to free speech…

In regards to #12 It is OK to love your guns people.... If I had a gun I just might sleep with it.
I'm sure your sheets smell like Hoppe's and lilacs...

Just think how they would react if they were singled out, ridiculed and put at risk over the right to free speech…
Darn good idea, Cerberos, but the 1A is a lot more popular among leftists. They'd have a Foundation set up in no time to raise defense money.

Darn good idea, Cerberos, but the 1A is a lot more popular among leftists. They'd have a Foundation set up in no time to raise defense money.

Absolutely, nor would I ever advocate any sort of restrictions on free speech. I was only attempting to point out that the Media is using one constitutional right to challenge or abate another constitutional right and they don't seem to recognize the inherent contradiction.

If they want a change in the Constitution, then go about it the proper way, not through intimidation and ridicule. The self-righteous mentality that is espoused by our Media is nothing more than the playground antics of a bully.

PS - Sorry for the thread hijack. I should take this to another thread.

Now back to our originally scheduled program...

I don't carry a gun because there's just no way to sit down while strapped and be comfortable. Sorry, there's no second part to this. Seriously, someone design a holster that's comfortable to carry on a belt when sitting.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews