JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I do not know if this have any affect on firearm sales but it sure may mean a price increase on both firearms and ammo and anything else related to it.

<broken link removed>
Raises taxes on household income at and above $250,000 (and $125,000 for individual filers). Reduces income taxes on unemployment benefits in 2009. Provides funds currently budgeted for education, health care, public safety, other services.
52 percent of precincts reporting

Yes: 58 percent or 391,121 votes
No: 42 percent or 278,719 votes
517 of 1,000 precincts - 52 percent

Measure 67
Raises $10 corporate minimum tax, business minimum tax, corporate profits tax. Provides funds currently budgeted for education, health care, public safety, other services.
Yes: 57 percent or 425,162 votes
No: 43 percent or 326,849 votes
574 of 1,000 precincts - 57 percent

I did not really look at those measures but I don't see how this is going to help. Rasing taxes just seems to hurt everybody at this time. I guess time will tell.

too bad. Why didn't the people vote THIS one down, and hold their government hard to the wall to reduce waste, spending, etc. Oh well... what they don't realise is that, sooner or later, they'll run out of other people's money and have none of their own.

Reduce taxes and let private enterprise put those dollars to work employing people, producing goods, that sort of thing. What a concept, eh?

And just how much of an increase does anyone see being passed on to the consumer from a $140 yearly difference on the earning of corporations. Even a small LLC like myself would not have to raise prices to counter act it. What would I do? Raise hamburgers a penny a piece to $8.01

And just how much of an increase does anyone see being passed on to the consumer from a $140 yearly difference on the earning of corporations. Even a small LLC like myself would not have to raise prices to counter act it. What would I do? Raise hamburgers a penny a piece to $8.01

It's the back end percentages that they're raising on business, not the yearly business filing/registration fee. The percentages are killers. The $10 to $140 was just a distraction to cover the percentage increases. That's something we'll all be able to enjoy.

I work for the state and I can assure you there is plenty of waste and worthless programs that could have been cut. Instead they use fear-mongering and class warfare to convince people to vote for additional taxes.

Government largesse and high taxes equal less freedom. Government misdirects resources into modes of production (or should I say counter production) that are inefficient and wasteful, while the private sector due to competition is always adjusting and evolving to direct limited resources towards there most productive and demanded use. Businesses that misdirect resources don't stick around long and go out of business (except for Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, the politically connected, i.e. government bailouts), while government can continue to operate in a wasteful fashion with limited consequences.

The state of Oregon has been on a course of unsustainable growth. The passage of these taxes during the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression will merely contribute towards the stagnation of our state economy.

Oh well, I am on the public dole, why should I care?????????????

Guys, you will pay for government spending with or without increased taxes. It's been happening most recently with the debasement of the dollar through reckless printing - excuse me, "quantitative easing" - that taxes us all, the poorest the worst.
We should only be taxed on our discretionary income anyway - it's just not right to take food out of our kids' mouths. But until we come up with a way to do that, it makes simple sense to lean on the folks who have the most discretionary income to close the gap.

And that's why I voted to raise my own taxes - somebody has to cover the shortfall, whether or not we eventually succeed in "throwing the bums out" and reducing total spending. In the meantime, there are bills to pay.

I call it responsible citizenship.

Well PBP considering that you are now going to be taxed on your GROSS sales and not your net profit it will most likely have a direct effect on you and every other small business out there.. I know that since its retro active you get to pay it this year to start with..

I know that the guy that does all my FFL transfers etc is going to get nailed for an additional 1800.00 after just 1 year in business.

This money is going to go for pers. They are going to increase pers because they lost money the last couple years. It will happen in the next couple weeks

too bad. Why didn't the people vote THIS one down, and hold their government hard to the wall to reduce waste, spending, etc. Oh well... what they don't realize is that, sooner or later, they'll run out of other people's money and have none of their own.

Reduce taxes and let private enterprise put those dollars to work employing people, producing goods, that sort of thing. What a concept, eh?

My thoughts exactly.

Guys, you will pay for government spending with or without increased taxes. It's been happening most recently with the debasement of the dollar through reckless printing - excuse me, "quantitative easing" - that taxes us all, the poorest the worst.
We should only be taxed on our discretionary income anyway - it's just not right to take food out of our kids' mouths. But until we come up with a way to do that, it makes simple sense to lean on the folks who have the most discretionary income to close the gap.

And that's why I voted to raise my own taxes - somebody has to cover the shortfall, whether or not we eventually succeed in "throwing the bums out" and reducing total spending. In the meantime, there are bills to pay.

I call it responsible citizenship.

I regret that you believe it is necessary raise taxes on those with the 'most discretionary income' to 'close the gap'. The fault is not theirs that government cannot control its spending, and feeding a junkie more junk is not going to halt their addiction.

This tax is going to drive more high wage earners out of the state, or stop them from moving here. This tax is going to drive more business out of the state, or stop them from starting here.

Who's business is it of anyone to decide that this or that person has 'too much discretionary income' and giving it up for non-producers to use and consume is 'responsible citizenship'.

I don't quite fall into the new tax bracket (I would if I was single), but I'm this close Galting out of the whole damn system.

Keith

As Gunner stated it's going to be more of a burden then most voters were lead on to believe. And, now that it's passed it will be a much easier sell in the future to take that tenth of a percent and adjust it to 2 or 3 tenths of a percent.
Not to mention that with each additional tax imposed on businesses Oregon becomes less and less atractive to any Corporation thinking of coming to Oregon and bringing jobs with them.

I for one will put more consideration into taking my business south of the river, which was a growth scheduled to take place between May and July of this year.

Those folks, in the biggest of cities, with the most to gain by higher taxes, and bigger government, are the ones who have the power in numbers, to vote to raise somebody elses taxes.:huh:

People still don't get it. Government is out of control, but government has been very effective in convincing the same folks, in the biggest city, that the biggest, most "social" government is the best government.

WAYNO.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class