JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I hadn't heard of that before. If people object they have a simple choice - don't use it!
Can't believe some are saying it is unconstitutional. Probably the same people who want to take "Under God" out of the pledge of allegiance.

I hadn't heard of that before. If people object they have a simple choice - don't use it!
Can't believe some are saying it is unconstitutional. Probably the same people who want to take "Under God" out of the pledge of allegiance.

And In God We Trust off of our currency. I've told people (I'm from the SF Bay Area after all, I heard this nonsense frequently) to give up all they had if it offended them so much. None took me up on my offer to take it off their hands though. I want a ACOG with scripture in the SN! For the people screaming the loudest about it, I think they ought to be forced to stand a watch on a no-name tower in Fallujah or some God forsaken sand pit in Kashmir. See how they feel about it after that. :D

If this was standard issue equipment that the individual soldier had no choice of, I could see their point. I am a devout Christian, but would never tell anyone they must carry a Christian symbol or reference that implied what they believed. It should be the individuals choice to how they affiliate themselves. If the choice is available between one with the reference and one without, I wouldn't call it tasteless any more than allowing someone to reference their religious affiliation on their dog tag. If there is no choice, then I agree, it should be removed.

If I were in the military, it would be deeply satisfying killing a soldier of Allah with a Jesus gun.

I don't think that Jesus rejoices at the death of those who don't believe in Him, so I wouldn't either. In fact, I would say the opposite is true. If I was there, I would do what I had to do to protect my fellow soldiers and country, but I would never find pleasure in the death of anyone, especially an unbeliever.

Just my 0.02.

I love this.
I thank God for people like them.
If fact I am following his example and getting the proper scripture enfraved on my 06

What a great example.:s0155::s0155:

I don't think that Jesus rejoices at the death of those who don't believe in Him, so I wouldn't either. In fact, I would say the opposite is true. If I was there, I would do what I had to do to protect my fellow soldiers and country, but I would never find pleasure in the death of anyone, especially an unbeliever.

Just my 0.02.

Yeah.. I'm not a Christian, but I get the impression that Jesus rejoices in life....

Whichever side of the fence you are on, you have to admit that this really follows in line with the rest of history...Most wars or mass genocide are due to religious beliefs, or in the name of "God".

If I had to guess, I would think though that these markings were meant for "protection" from death than hoping to kill the enemy with Jesus on your side...like praying before you go into battle. :confused:

I really LOVE the Bible verse scope, however i can see how some could be offended by it. If a company imprinted a koran, latter day saints, satinist, heavens gate, etc. etc. etc. reference on a battle implement that i was forced to use, i wouldnt like it at all.

Their heart may be in the right place, but their head isn't. I don't want any religious iconography or passages on my firearms or my gun gear. Considering what I may have to use a gun to do, it seems more than slightly blasphemous to use a Bible verse when I'm going to kill one of God's creations.

Also from a practical matter, it is a bad idea... There are many US military personnel who are not Christian and this kind of thing does become a morale problem in the ranks because there will be people who do not like it and those who think it's great and then they get into nasty arguments with each other. Add someone with rank to it who thinks it's great and then you get major discipline problems.

Another problem is it does play into the hand of our opponents and can aid them in their recruitment efforts. It's not a mistake that they are accusing us of being on a crusade. The intentionally use the word to inspire Muslim youth to hear the call and defend Islam.

Additionally there is a real issue about not proselytizing and why the government is not allowed to do it. There were centuries filled with religious wars in Europe and those were mainly between different groups of Christians. Also once intertwined, the state can have a bad effect on religion and religion can have a bad effect on the state. The Founding Fathers did not want their new republic to repeat these mistakes, that's why there is a separation between church and state.

For those who think it's a great idea that tends to be because you haven't had someone else's religion imposed on you. Being in the majority allows you to think in certain ways that you would never do if you were in the minority. -If your optic contained codes for passages from the Koran/Quran, how many of you would still be in love with a manufacturer of gear for the military proselytizing his beliefs about Islam on the gear you were issued? What if it was some scripture from another religion that claimed any user of the gear as a convert to their faith, would you still think it was great to have it on your gear? Probably not.

I don't think Trijicon put those references there to taunt or offend people.
They are simply a Christian founded company that found a way of putting a biblical reference that was appropriate and relevant to a product they made.
An optic that transmits light to it's user.

"Let light shine out of darkness"

They are simply a Christian founded company that found a way of putting a biblical reference that was appropriate and relevant to a product they made.
An optic that transmits light to it's user.

"Let light shine out of darkness"

That's quoting out of context. Here's the full quotation:

2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

So the light is "to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

-It is what it is... If I was issued one, I'd use it. If I had a choice of one without this on it, I'd take the one without it.

Their heart may be in the right place, but their head isn't. I don't want any religious iconography or passages on my firearms or my gun gear. Considering what I may have to use a gun to do, it seems more than slightly blasphemous to use a Bible verse when I'm going to kill one of God's creations.

Also from a practical matter, it is a bad idea... There are many US military personnel who are not Christian and this kind of thing does become a morale problem in the ranks because there will be people who do not like it and those who think it's great and then they get into nasty arguments with each other. Add someone with rank to it who thinks it's great and then you get major discipline problems.

Another problem is it does play into the hand of our opponents and can aid them in their recruitment efforts. It's not a mistake that they are accusing us of being on a crusade. The intentionally use the word to inspire Muslim youth to hear the call and defend Islam.

Additionally there is a real issue about not proselytizing and why the government is not allowed to do it. There were centuries filled with religious wars in Europe and those were mainly between different groups of Christians. Also once intertwined, the state can have a bad effect on religion and religion can have a bad effect on the state. The Founding Fathers did not want their new republic to repeat these mistakes, that's why there is a separation between church and state.

For those who think it's a great idea that tends to be because you haven't had someone else's religion imposed on you. Being in the majority allows you to think in certain ways that you would never do if you were in the minority. -If your optic contained codes for passages from the Koran/Quran, how many of you would still be in love with a manufacturer of gear for the military proselytizing his beliefs about Islam on the gear you were issued? What if it was some scripture from another religion that claimed any user of the gear as a convert to their faith, would you still think it was great to have it on your gear? Probably not.

Outrider, forgive me for highlighting in bold the above sentence in your post, however; not much else need be said. :s0159:

+1 on the balance of your discourse.

Will

The Bible references have been there for years and anyone who is familiar with ACOGs already knows it. It's been widely publicized.

As for ABC, perhaps next they will uncover the the super secret military unit known as the chaplain corps, or that the military owns and runs churches on bases, or conducts religious services in Iraq, Afghanistan, and even on ships in the Persian Gulf. All these activities are done at tax payer expense. There is no separation of church and state in the USA. The state is simply prevented from favoring one religion over another.

This is one of my favorite scope add-on:

sniper-1002-03.jpg

I wonder if fake ACOGs have these markings.

Personally if it were a reference from a text or anything I did not believe or agree with it wouldn't bother me at all.
This is an optic on a battle rifle. Arguably one of the best in the world.
This is not an issue of separation of church and state.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads