JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never made an introduction thread so here's some background. Feel free to skip ahead to the pictures if that's your thing. :s0155:

I turned 21 this year. A couple of months ago I decided I'd like to carry, all the time. I began to feel naked without a self-defense pistol before I even settled on one. During my search for the right carry pistol I applied for and received my WA CPL in only 3 days from Lynnwood PD. :D Kudos to them for their speed!

My carry pistol search had begun with subcompacts in .380 but I decided I didn't want to deal with the lack of ammo. When I discovered Kahr Arms I found everything I wanted in a first gun: reliability, low weight, and thin frame in respectable calibers. I decided on a 9mm mostly because of the affordability of the ammunition; I'm still very happy with that decision because I can afford to practice. I ruled out the PM9 after holding it; dangling pinky was a huge, "no thanks!" The P9 looked and felt great but the price was slightly more than I wanted to plink down for a first gun. This left me with the CW9. It's a more plain looking P9 with some MIM parts but minus the polygonal rifling, extra mag, dovetailed front sight...and sticker shock.

I started with a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe (oh so comfortable) but quickly found that I prefer open carry 90%+ of the time. I found a somewhat local gentleman who does quality, custom gunleather to make me an OWB holster for me. The price was great and I only had to wait one week for it.

Enough words; on to the pictures!

Great choice as far as carry guns go. I do not know of a gun that gives you more for your money than Kahr's CW line-up. You do give up some things with the CW9 compared to the higher end Kahr's but the differences are small, IMHO. I tried to cover the differences in this video.

Kahr CW9 Video

Great choice as far as carry guns go. I do not know of a gun that gives you more for your money than Kahr's CW line-up. You do give up some things with the CW9 compared to the higher end Kahr's but the differences are small, IMHO. I tried to cover the differences in this video.

Kahr CW9 Video
I watched the video before I made my purchase. :D Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Welcome to the site Kito!!!

Great choice on the CW9 they are an awesome value IMO.

I carry a P45, P380, and PM9 (not all at the same time)
Very cool, how do you feel about the 5+1 capacity of the 45? Do you carry extra mags with it? I take it you conceal those three?

Great holster. Any information on it?
Yes. It was made by SWCR, another member here, who lives in Sedro Woolley. It is a double stitched pancake holster and each side of it is two layers of leather arranged rough side in so that the holster is smooth on the outside and against the gun. It was wet moled to my Kahr for amazing retention and fitted with snaps instead of being a belt slide by my request. I love being able to remove it without rethreading my belt. I'm really impressed with it so far, especially after putting it to use in a "shooting on the move" clinic. If you have any other specific questions or you want to get in touch with the maker just let me know.

Good choice Kito, welcome! enjoy your Kahr and the site.
Thanks!

Nice choice on the Kahr. I have a PM9 myself along with a Crossbreed MiniTuck and I love it!
Sounds like a good combo. The Minituck is still big enough to spread out the size, I take it?

Ya, I carry an extra mag, but not for the capacity.

The mag will be the first thing to fail on any auto. I carry the extra mag in case the one in the gun fails.
Especially if you drop the weight of the gun right on the plastic end. Thanks for the distinction. The 7+1 capacity of the CW9 has me wanting a higher capacity, and heck, fullsize service pistol for the shooting fun and partly because I ended up gravitating so strongly to open carry.

Width-wise the Minituck is perfect since the PM9 is such a small piece. I just wish it had some more leather extended beyond the muzzle end of the holster. Something similar to the Comp-Tac MTAC which I have used before. As it is right now, the kydex digs into my thigh and irritates me when I'm sitting down for long periods of time. I will have to contact Crossbreed about this.

That's a fine looking holster for a CW9. I'll contact the maker about one for my CW9 too. Thanks never2many for the heads up on the night sights. Just went to the Kahr site and ordered the trijicons along with a couple of extra magazines I needed. Just traded my other 9mm so will be shooting this one a lot more. It is proving to be a fine handgun. It's really chewing up the guide rod, so I also ordered a stainless steel one from Kahr; has anyone else experienced this, and do you know why?

just came from the kahr website and they now have night sights for the cw
Yes, I just noticed this a few days ago and I'm quite happy about it. I plan to order them after the holidays.

That's a fine looking holster for a CW9. I'll contact the maker about one for my CW9 too. Thanks never2many for the heads up on the night sights. Just went to the Kahr site and ordered the trijicons along with a couple of extra magazines I needed. Just traded my other 9mm so will be shooting this one a lot more. It is proving to be a fine handgun. It's really chewing up the guide rod, so I also ordered a stainless steel one from Kahr; has anyone else experienced this, and do you know why?
Glad to hear you're liking it too. I've noticed the guide rod getting beat up. Keep in mind it's blued, and the spring rubs up against it quite a bit during use. I'll be ordering a stainless guide rod as well.
I'd encourage you to try out the Hogue Handall Jr. It has made all the difference in long term shooting comfort for me. There are palm swells on the sides and it covers the cheese-grater-like waffle pattern on the front and back straps, replacing them with grippy rubber. I had no fatigue after 400 rounds in one sitting! Let me know if you'd like some more pictures of it.

Exactly. What it does cover is the important part, the trigger and the area in front of the trigger. I like being able to get a full grip on my pistol for the draw. A full grip provides more safety than covering the area behind the trigger would. :)

You could probably get the best of both with a belt-slide. My holster was kind of a specialty request (although he had made them before) because I wanted to be able to put it on without rethreading my belt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top