JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your Main Battle Rifle

• Total voters
Reactions
Ok This is a part 2 Post of "Best Battle/Survival Rifle"

Please take part in the pole above.
AND
Then post below:
What Rifle, Cal, any mods you have done or accessories you have
Why you picked that Rifle
And It would be really cool if you had a pic of the rifle!

And Lastly.... No Debates about why yours is the best and why others suck!!!! This is just a show and tell

I chose the FN FAL in 7.62 Nato (I plan on doing a Para conversion and an aimpoint and the 3x for it as well)
I have done alot of research and came to the best rifle for me in my situation. I took into account Cost, Reliablity, Maintenance, Magazine cost/ availability, and ammo.
It was almost going to be an M1a, but cost ended up winning in the end! And most of all the wife likes shooting the FAL too!!!

DSCF1147.jpg
DSCF1150.jpg
*note a comp will be added to the naked barrel soon...

In the past I have written against the use of a Mini-30 as a main survival gun. The reason was that Ruger was so short sighted, that they did not see the neccessity of making high capacity magazines for this rifle. That meant that it was left to after market manufacturers to provide these. Now, I know that some after market products are good, but there are others that are junk. I have heard of Mini-30's having feeding problems which I ascertained was caused by non factory mags. So I felt that there were better rifles out there.
However, I recently received an email from Ruger in which they stated that they would have hi cap mags available for the mini-30 within 30 days. This has caused me to rethink my old belief. With factory mags this might be a viable option for a first line survival gun. I am considering it and would love to hear from others about any experience that they have with this rifle.

Well, it depends what kind of battle I'm in...

Hoard of zombie chipmunks? Ruger 10/22.

Long-distance? Rem 700.

Closer? M1A.

Still closer? Mossberg 12ga.

Too damn close? German Shepherd Dog, my breath from the plate of garlic linguini I had for lunch.

Well, it depends what kind of battle I'm in...

Hoard of zombie chipmunks? Ruger 10/22.

Long-distance? Rem 700.

Closer? M1A.

Still closer? Mossberg 12ga.

Too damn close? German Shepherd Dog, my breath from the plate of garlic linguini I had for lunch.

The gun you grab when the SHTF! Only time for 1 rifle, grab and go.

Saigas are still AK's. But I would bring mine along none the less. Red Laser, a few boxes of tracer rounds as well as FMJ and SP ammo, 4-6 mags, a bipod, scope, and the affixed muzzle break. Yes, the Saiga .308 isn't the most accurate rifle in the world, but it'll get the job done. And it isn't picky about what it eats.

Ruggedness, reliability, moderately decent accuracy, easy to clean and repair.. That's why I love AK's. Now if they would just make that friggin 50-75 round .308 drum for the Saiga!! Yes, I know there is a weight issue, but still.. I'd buy it in a heart beat!

Iansstud-

I am with you on the FAL.

As for pics... well here are a few:

DSCN0365.jpg
DSCN0368.jpg
GroupShotguns.jpg

The MultiCam Saiga 12 isn't my MBR but it will make it into the truck should I have to leave home for any unknown reason, but there is no way I am humping a FAL and that Saiga 12 so my truck had better not fail me.

I am also check your PM, I have some info and questions on your FAL.

SF-

Well..... I dunno.... you tell me when and where. I am thinking of joining either Paul Bunyun(SP?) or Tacoma Sportsman on Canyon. You a member of either or do you have secret shooting spot? Some of my guns are pure safe queens like the Galil, it is #8 of the first 100 imported into the U.S. of A. by Magnum research in 1982. It has had less than 100 rounds down the pipe. Others like my DSA's and Imbel's, no problem they are shooters. Also I haven't taken a pic of my AK's but I have a few of those also.

So yea, hit me up and I will try to rearrange my schedule, but like this weekend I am at the Puyallup WAC show working at a table (maybe I can meet you there) or some afternoons after work I am free. How about you? Also check your PM, if you haven't done so already.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads