JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hate to say it, but this poll has been running, for reasons unknown, for more than 3 years now. I'm guessing that USA TODAY has long since forgotten that it's still posted online, given its age and the fact that nothing has ever come of it.

Your are right, I voted in that one a long time ago and they never published the results because they did not like them. The same thing has happend with other main stream media who ran gun control/rights polls, they never reported on the results that were overwhelmingly in favor of gun rights.

At the time of this poll's original posting, when the voting was around 25,000 or so, a glitch in the software dropped a few thousand votes, IIRC. Some of us who had been watching the voting to that point began speculating on what had happened, why the votes were dropped, the political leanings of the media, etc. and ad nausem. I finally grew tired of all the speculation and sent an email to the editor of the newspaper, receiving a reply within a few hours. He indicated that a glitch caused by a power interruption was responsible for the flaw, and he apologized for it. At that point, I think, USA TODAY lost interest in the poll but neglected to delete it; sadly, it's been haunting cyberspace ever since.

It merely asks if the second amendment contains the right to bare arms, not whether you agree with it. It seems more like a citizenship question and not a political opinion. But yes, it's from 2007.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top