JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The following was emailed to me from a friend who likes to send out endless emails. I think this one is the only one so far that could be useful. I don't know how true these are but I do know Vodka is used for more than just drinking in some parts of the world. Maybe Vodka should be considered as a "staple" item next to your dry goods in your pantry and hey, if nothing else makes for a good party when you are needing to celebrate or barter with your neighbors in a SHTF situation.

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The stuff dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on wine stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9 Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

SF-

"12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka."

The store brand version of good old Listerine (or as we called it when I was a kid, "Blisterine") will kill food odor right now.

It is also great for de-stinking an old pair of tennis shoes. Leaves shoes with a eucalyptus fragrance, and prevents odor for about a month before you need to dunk 'em again. Depending on how often you wear the shoes, it lasts longer.

Amazing what a raquetball club membership from the 80s will teach you! :s0112:

Otony

I bet Denatured alcohol would do most of that. the rest can be solved with Everclear. I'll keep my vodka for drinking.

Well, this probably originated in Russia. Keep in mind it's dang cheap there, I think right at $8/gallon at the current exchange rate, even with the huge Russian excise tax included. Prior to 2001, it was even cheaper. I can't buy denatured alcohol at $8/gallon, and I bet Russians can't, either.

I like to cook, and the last few months I've been experimenting with Penne ala Vodka. I've actually worked out a system that improves about any pasta dish:

1) after straining the pasta, shake out as much water as possible. Throw it back in the hot pan.
2) Let the past heat for a minute or so - driving off the excess water.
3) add one shot (1.5 oz) per serving of pasta to the pot and stir for 45 seconds to one minute.

This will coat the pasta with the vodka and it will absorb some. Serve the pasta as you would with your sauce. The pasta will have a much more complex and hearty flavor.

Just remember that denatured alcohol is either poison or has additives to make it taste terrible. Rubbing alcohol is denatured and also has "baby oil" added to it so it doesn't dry the skin. Denatured obviously won't work for some of those above suggestions. Alcohol is denatured (has the additives) to exempt it from liquor taxes.

+1. Everclear is the better buy for alcohol for oral consumption, and alcohol is the useful ingredient in almost all of the above suggestions. Denatured but not rubbing alcohol works for cleaning.

US Vodka is nothing more than grain alcahol
Vodka was "invented" by the Poles
Vodka is a great GP cleaner, including carbon build-up in your AR, and yes you can strain the dirty vodka through a coffee filter and drink it, if your really stupid.

US Vodka is nothing more than grain alcahol
Vodka was "invented" by the Poles
Vodka is a great GP cleaner, including carbon build-up in your AR, and yes you can strain the dirty vodka through a coffee filter and drink it, if your really stupid.

Strain it? You wouldn't need mixer.

This is a terrible thread and will only cause alcohol abuse.
I have other ways to do all those thing other than waist my potato juice

When I rode my motorcycle I used cheap 100 proof vodka in a spray bottle to defunk my riding gear since it wasn't machine washable. Just sprayed the inside and let evaporate, and it got rid of BO pretty nicely.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top