JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Clark County,

What is it with Dispatch, saying person know to have firearms and not police friendly?

Officer shows up on scene, runs the suspect he comes back clean no wants/ warrants/convictions, they verify he has his CCP, calls records for a serial number check? Serial was clean. Write him a ticket send him on his way..

Now, I here it all the time "suspect is not police friendly" whats up with this some sort of tag on their police file?

I have also herd an unusual amount of firearm serial number checks over the last week? Not one has been stolen?

Another one was man with a gun call.. Passing driver called in seeing a man with a gun in a field? The driver stated she felt threatened and felt it was unsafe for him to be so close to a road it and looked like a machine gun!

The officers decided to meet at a local store before engaging suspect and then went to investigate? They see suspect with sidearm in holster on his property pointing a rifle/shotgun at the ground?

They officers act all tactical on the radio for about 5-10 min then open mic tell him to get on the ground etc... He is compliant with the request! You could here him saying he is hunting moles why am I handcuffed? Records indicate he is clear no wants/warrants. In short they transport him under an RCW 9.41.270 and another RCW I did not catch! Location was brush prairie area out in the sticks I googled it! Now Is that Brandishing?

I need to find a way to stream my scanner's.... Back to listening to them trace down a felony suspect that bailed form a Lexus.

Handheld Radio Shack Pro-97 :) Nothing special.

I would like to get a better setup, though, if you have a better recomendation.

Something to put on a desk or in the car.

Base stations seem to be much much better.

I prefer the Uniden Scanners, I have and don't like The GRE or Radioshack Units.

You want a scanner that you can update the band plans most older scanners you cannot and will end up useless in a year or so and in most areas already usless for police. If you go to Digital Areas then you want a digital one.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Uniden the programming software is free and there is a lot of support on them also.

Clark County,
They officers act all tactical on the radio for about 5-10 min then open mic tell him to get on the ground etc... He is compliant with the request! You could here him saying he is hunting moles why am I handcuffed? Records indicate he is clear no wants/warrants. In short they transport him under an RCW 9.41.270 and another RCW I did not catch!

What does that RCW stand for. What did they take him in for?

This sounds interesting, i would not mind getting one of those scanners. Any legal issues with owning one?

What does that RCW stand for. What did they take him in for?

This sounds interesting, i would not mind getting one of those scanners. Any legal issues with owning one?

RCW

Nope, No Legal issues you can even use them mobile police will always ask whats the scanner for when they pull you over? They may ask you to turn it off but I never do...

BCT-15 Installed In My Hummer

View attachment 227655

I also have a GRE-400, BCT-780XLT, BC-250D, BCD-996XT Another BCD-996XT On the way.

That is so wrong. So, If am hunting Deer and someone notices me with my rifle climbing up a hill and they feels alarmed by it, I can be arrested?

The RCW link you posted says if someone feels alarmed for their safety from someone carrying a weapon. Big difference between shooting moles and aiming the rifle at passing motorists. Everyone has different tolerances I guess, like this guy felt that shooting moles as a threatening gesture. That is kind of a large loophole don't you think? So now I need to hide from the general public when hunting, lol.

And you lose your CCW if convicted.

Now the guy in the field with a rifle might be a stretch but police/deputies have to respond to calls about armed persons....while shooting in the county may be legal neighbors and passerbys will report hearing shots or be concerned about the safety and direction of the shooting....

Same goes for open carry it is legal in OR but because its not common there will be several reports for the guy in the parking lot with gun in a holster on his hip...

And just because someone returns clear wants and valid ccp doesn't mean that officers have not been to the location a dozen times for whatever it the officers are familiar with his name or address they know he may give them problems

As for the scanners I have often wanted one..are stationary ones any better than handhelds?...do they scan all frequencies?...are there certain channels police and fire are one?

My wife got me a scanner and I can't get crap. If somebody knows how to program them I would sure be glad to pay or something. I have tried and tried and instructions suck and the worst I joined some sites that cost like 30 bucks to get numbers or codes and it still does not work correctly. All the banks and that I just don't get it. So if somebody could help that would be great......

Scott

My wife got me a scanner and I can't get crap. If somebody knows how to program them I would sure be glad to pay or something. I have tried and tried and instructions suck and the worst I joined some sites that cost like 30 bucks to get numbers or codes and it still does not work correctly. All the banks and that I just don't get it. So if somebody could help that would be great......

Scott

What Model Of Scanner?

Unit requires software to program not sure if there is any free software.

Don't buy the radio shack software.. it is very poor and over priced. get the butel software.

Talk Groups and Control Channels,

Vancouver

Portland

Great link. - Not trying to hijack this thread, but it would be nice if we could maintain a list of such links on a reference sticky somewhere on this site. There was a link posted a while back w/ handgun manuals that would be a great addition as well. Admins..?

Seems like a lot of cops let their power go to their head, in my original post they could have just went and talked with the guy to see what was going on but they went all tactical.

I drove by the guys home yesterday "to get his side" I wrote the address down when it came across the scanner. Nice older gentleman early 60's 250lbs over 6' tall kinda dirty & neanderthal looking, answered the door he first though I was a reporter "I am not" he asked me how I herd of this I told him a police scanner.

After a while of conversation he showed me the citation's and the order showing the criminal charges being dropped during his arraignment the following monday. He was upset he had to spend a weekend in jail and a few thousand on an attorney for mole eradication. His attorney is trying to get all of his firearms back from the CCSO but there is a problem.

The complainant female mid 20 california drivers license filed for a restring order and was granted a TRO as she fears he may come after her for making the report. So Until the temp restraining order is removed and WSP updates their records of the change they are holding them.

He says the police were doing their job but they could have been more civil and polite. He explained the police did here shots fired but its not the city but farm land and shots are fired all the time in the area. He did not see the police until they were ordering him to get on the ground!

By the dead moles hanging on coat hangers he is a good mole hunter hahaha... He brought out a 6 pack of keystone and explained how to hunt a mole we talked firearms and engines.

"Carefully uncover the mound wait for the mole to come close it up when you see the dirt take your shot"

He said thanks for your concern and invited me to come back out anytime for some mole hunting after this is all settled.

Contract_pilot
Accolades my man, you gained some respect from me that's for sure.
Great Follow up.

The choices a Man makes in life, makes his life a choice of Value, whether an asset to him or others, or a deficit to himself or others.

The Complainant proved in this case, to have very little value in Life.
Very shallow of her.
Her paranoia from down below was brought here in her mind.
Certain Baggage is best left where it belongs,,, BEHIND,,, that is why the move to other pastures is usually made. Or, to the Logical mind that is the purpose.

California Drivers License on the complainant????
Makes perfect sense to me, not hard to surmise why i got out of that state
15 years ago, is it.

her paranoia has now come here to this man's home, and brought him trouble
and Grief.
Nice woman,,, NOT,
she further exudes that Paranoia with the restraining order,,,
That right there is exemplary of exactly the frustrating idiots i grew up around.
They live in abject FEAR of LIFE, and cannot in the least ioda , maintain balance in the least of difficulties.
DRAMA!
Rog'

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR