JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would say it would depend on what you want to do with your vehicle. Do you want something new that may be a little more reliable but has more electronics that could go wrong or something older like a scout or bronco that is very simple but a little ruff around the edges? I would go with a Ford van converted to 4x4 with a 4 inch lift. I feel that Quadvan does the best 4x4 conversion on the market and they are local.

http://www.quadvan.com/

I may get some ford hater or something but remember all this is my opinion as a good option and it may work for my needs but not yours. I have seen there work and they do a very nice job.

I would say a 1970s vintage Bronco or Blazer.

Easy to repair. No computer. 4x4.

My BOV is a Mercedes ML430 with side-lug Open Country tires. Not practical, but it is great off road.

My ideal BOV would be much simpler to repair in the field.

Anything after the 1970s would be off my list.

my BOV is....my bug.
HPIM1704.jpg

my BOV is....my bug.
HPIM1704.jpg

Nice.

As bizarre as it sounds, I'd have to say mine would be a 1979 Toyota Corolla. Virtually bulletproof. Light enough to push out of ditches, deep water, etc. High enough ground clearance to attempt most of anything. And good gas mileage. I had one years ago, and did some amazing things with it. I hit and killed 3 deer with it. Once I launched it completely off the ground into water so deep it came in through the doors. My buddies and I simply pushed it out and went on our merry way. I could push start the damn thing myself, and for years it had a wooden dowel pounded into the engine where a hose once went. We used to take it up the logging roads in winter to play in the snow, and had a blast...

I have a 1970 Cadillac Coupe De Ville with oversized tires and chains. It rode like a snowsled on airride during our winter storm

I drove more mountain roads and trails, hauled out more deer, and jumped more downed trees with my 73 Vega wagon than I ever will with my Silverado. Of course I was a bit younger and a lot more daring in those days; walking out wasn't such and issue back then.

I drove more mountain roads and trails, hauled out more deer, and jumped more downed trees with my 73 Vega wagon than I ever will with my Silverado. Of course I was a bit younger and a lot more daring in those days; walking out wasn't such and issue back then.

One of my teenage era cars 70's Nova is still in the woods.. I am almost 33 now. Seen it when I went up shooting few weeks ago. Engine & Drive Train is missing, it's rather rusty, been burned a few times, and full of bullet holes... another 20 years and there will be nothing left.

Still makes me wonder that someone actually removed the engine and packed it out that must have been a hella lot of work? It went over the cliff during a bricking party when I was 14!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top