JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys I cant decide. They are both close enough in price that it doesnt matter. I want something substantially smaller than my G27 for those days when its just a little too bulky.
I LOVE the form factor of the PF-9, but I am having a hard time talking myself into a possibly unreliable pistol for CCW.
Whats your thoughts?:confused:

Never handled the Taurus, but I have carried a PF-9 for a while now and it is a nice weapon. I have had no problems with my Kel-Tec. According to the KTOG web site the customer service is good also. Good luck with your quest..

I carry the PF-9 all the time, and it is a fantastic carry piece. Extremely tiny, and very reliable. It sucks to shoot at a range, but if you needed it, it is accurate and reliable enough that it would get you out of trouble.

I carry the PF9. Like it has been said, it is not a plinker. I just about forget it is there when it is in my pocket. I've had no issues with it, its loved everything I've fed it.

wow... Just about everyone seems to consider it a pocket-pistol. I admit they are a little large for a pocket, unless you are bigger than me :)

I carry it small-of-back, where it conceals perfectly. I can often even forget it is there!

OP: The PF-9 I have has been 100% reliable. Not a single jam in about 200 (painful) rounds.

OP: The PF-9 I have has been 100% reliable. Not a single jam in about 200 (painful) rounds.[/QUOTE]

When you say painful are you talking about the trigger, grip, or recoil? I cleaned up the mold lines on mine with a razorknife and it made a big difference.

The recoil mostly. The trigger is tough, and 'slaps' a little which gets annoying after a while, but the recoil is harsh and at a weird angle. About 20-30 rounds through it, my hand starts to hurt.

From what i've heard, the Taurus is usually prone to jamming. I own a pf9 and a p11. The pf9 is great for itwb but a little too big for pocket carry. But just remember, Kel Tec's pistols are hobbiest guns, they require some work. :D

I have both in stock if you want to look at them.The taurus is just a touch longer maybe 1/4" bought the same grip size. The Taurus does have the positive safety on the slide which some people prefer and comes with 2 mags.Also the pf-9 has a lot more accs available belt clips,mag exts.

The recoil mostly. The trigger is tough, and 'slaps' a little which gets annoying after a while, but the recoil is harsh and at a weird angle. About 20-30 rounds through it, my hand starts to hurt.

Wimp. :s0114: :s0114:

Our police dept. has stated that most police shootings occur within a range of ten feet. I figure that If it ever happens that I have to shoot in self defense (and I pray not) that I won't even notice the recoil.

Yes and yes, the PF-9 is smaller and especially thinner and lighter. Carry it IWB for a day and then do the same with a Glock 26 and the next day a P11.

$.02

Lol, caught me. I think it is really an issue with ALL tiny guns like that. The recoil isn't bad for me until about 20 rounds through, so I don't notice it until then. I only carry 1 extra mag (so 15 rounds total), so I avoid the problem completely :)

Well, in keeping with my wifes description of me "Fickle Son-of-a-B", I bought a Glock 30SF!!!!

I actually had a PF-9 on lay-a-way for a month, but couldnt bring myself to get it. My G27 conceals so well, I couldnt jusitfy it.... so up to a .45 I go. Thanks for all the input.

The 709 is having issues, I hear. Might want to wait for the kinks to be worked out, and for any possible problems to be discovered. If you need a small 9mm NOW I would go with the pf9 just because its been out much longer and had its issues found and fixed.