JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Leave it holstered. A good holster will retain the pistol at a little angle. I usually just put my belt back together around my ankles and pull the waistband of my boxers over the grip to keep it hidden. No reason to remove from the holster.

We all have different gear and setup.

A good holster is... good. I remember when I first started carrying I just used a regular belt and in those situation even with a good holster it was not safe to just have it "belted" to my ankles.

We all carry and have different gear.

It's finding what works for you in those particular circumstances. All those variables of what, where and what you carry and what your environment is.

Some things to think about.

Whatever your carry system is be careful. FWIW in non-public bathrooms I unholster it and set it on the floor or a shelf near by. In public bathrooms I generally leave it holstered and I use a locked stall but fullsize 1911's are heavy hammers so I do on occasion hold it in my lap or unhoster it and conceal it in my pants draping from my ankles. Yes that's right I often carry a fullsize 1911 but yes of course I have a smaller lighter gun I use when dressed for warmer weather.

I don't get why this is in the legal-political section of the forums... but I carry one of two ways. The first way is a shoulder holster which doesn't matter if I stand or sit. The other (preferred and more comfortable) method I carry is with an elestic belly band holster that is independant of my pants or shorts.

I sure hope nobody holds their firearm using the "clench" method! :D

I don't get why this is in the legal-political section of the forums... but I carry one of two ways. The first way is a shoulder holster which doesn't matter if I stand or sit. The other (preferred and more comfortable) method I carry is with an elestic belly band holster that is independant of my pants or shorts.

I sure hope nobody holds their firearm using the "clench" method! :D

:D

Concealed carry at the nude beach? :p

Why the Legal section?

Well, the outcome of this whole mess for this gal will be a legal one. No decision as of the last posting if any legal action will be taken against the owner of the pistol.

But really my finger missed the Strategies, Training.... section :)

Last Edited:
When I had an uncle mikes leather holster, when I went number 2 the gun always leaned out and would almost drop, so when this happened, I just throw it on, my boxers that were around my legs. Its like a nice cushion to hold your firearm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top