JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope Portland never gets hit with a Tsar Bomba 50mt nuke, it would hit me then! Oh and BTW, it also simulates an asteroid strke. Dont ever think you would escape one.

Am I the only one who has ever wondered what the various blast and fallout damage areas would be if say, Portland got nuked? Ive wondered that alot, even though I dont think Portland is a very high value target.

Am I the only one who has ever wondered what the various blast and fallout damage areas would be if say, Portland got nuked? Ive wondered that alot, even though I dont think Portland is a very high value target.

I've wondered about it too... also, back when '24' had an EMP go off in LA I drew that same "blast" radius over the Portland area... what only affected a bit of LA would have taken out all of Portland and the surrounding areas. Of course, that was TV --- who knows the real blast range.

Unless someone goes nuts and drops a multi-megaton bomb, I am pretty safe from the blast - but would still have to worry about the radioactive fallout.

I heard somewhere, again, don't know the validity, that Portland is a good location to drop a dirty bomb, etc because of our terrain and wind patterns the radioactive materials would be spread to more areas from one dispersal.

Ive never heard that before, but I can see how it would be true. I guess a high value target to a terrorist doesnt necessarily have to be some strategic military target. 9/11 proved that high value targets to them, are where ever they can kill the most people. So maybe Portland isnt as low on the list as I thought.

I live 30 miles east of Treemanx and I've never been all that concerned unless it's a 500 KT or larger..

SOG165

Cause we all know the Russians and Chinese are out to get Treemanx...;)

Unless its an all out slug fest against population centers, the only real military target is the Portland Air National Guard base. Their F-15's patrol a large sector of the west coast and the refuelling tankers would be necessary to support long range bomber missions.

You guys are freakin me out man........they really are out to get me! I didnt try dropping the nuke right on my house on that site, I just hit Portland with everything it had to see how Id make out. If it hit the center of Portland, Im pretty safe from everything but a Tsar Bomba, and of course, the dreaded asteroid!

I think SOG was just sayin that if the epicenter was PDX, he would be even that much farther away than me. I think SOG, youd escape everything but the asteroid.

But seriously, you dont really think there after me.......do you? hehe

Not to worry Treemanx, If Portland does get nuked, Bama might report it to the UN, and they would form a committee to discuss drafting a resolution expressing their profound disappointment.....

Now who would risk that ?:confused:

Not to worry Treemanx, If Portland does get nuked, Bama might report it to the UN, and they would form a committee to discuss drafting a resolution expressing their profound disappointment.....

Now who would risk that ?:confused:

Thats the truth! Pretty sorry mofo IMO.

Well the one important option they do not take into consideration is elevation of blast and topography. They also had a few other problems, just think of it as a fun site rather than a factual one......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top