JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems that lately the forum material has died. All I see when I come to this site are classified adds out the you know what. This forum used to have ALOT of really good discussion. What has happened? Is it just me or are other long time members seeing it too?

It seems that lately the forum material has died. All I see when I come to this site are classified adds out the you know what. This forum used to have ALOT of really good discussion. What has happened? Is it just me or are other long time members seeing it too?

I'm not a long-time member here, but I am a long-time member of another gun forum, so I'll speak of my experience, there. Yes, there are times where there is a ton of discussion. It might be a discussion of guns and ammo, or maybe some funny stories of dumb things we did as kids, or even about the recent weather. It's when it's active like this that I can't tear myself away from the forum, for fear of missing something. Then, for whatever reason, the activity becomes relatively dormant. It is a cyclical thing, and what I do know, is, before ya know it, the forum will be a bee-hive of activity, again.

While you've got me jabbering, let me tell you what a great day I had.

Heliman, from the Ruger Forum, who is also a member here, as Gassyman, met me at the range today to share some guns, and to share some shooting. I had a great time.

This forum, as my other forum, is proving, without a doubt, that gun-folks are some pretty decent folks.

Have a great week!

WAYNO.

I agree!

And I'm as much to blame as anyone. While I raise a subject once in a while, I'm more of a 'commenter' of subjects stated by others.

No subjects; no comments!

Plus, it's finialy summer, and the zoom-zoom takes me away from the bang-bang! :D

Stay loose, Fall will be here soon........
Frog.

I think a lot of this is because many topics have already been discussed. People that have been on the site for a while are not going to post again on the same subject, and probably will not post replies to topics reposted by newer members. I have seen many threads where people posted replies that provided links to previously posted threads. Unfortunately, that usually ends the more current thread and the discussion.

Spring is here.
People are looking for jobs, going to graduations, graduating, taking finals, scrounging primers and ammo, scrounging primers, frantically reloading for summer, fishing for shad, fishing for sturgeon, joining airsoft forums (no ammo problems there), going camping, etc.

Or it could be the locking of post that don't have a firearm related theme. But, and this might just be me, not all of them it would seem. Some threads get locked if they are not directly gun related, others don't. I have my own personal theory, but I would love to hear from others.

Have any of you also noticed this?

Or it could be the locking of post that don't have a firearm related theme. But, and this might just be me, not all of them it would seem. Some threads get locked if they are not directly gun related, others don't. I have my own personal theory, but I would love to hear from others.

Have any of you also noticed this?

Now that you mention it, I did see a few black helicopters hovering around the ranch.

Wait, what?

The only threads that I have seen moved or locked on this site are threads with content that fall outside of the rules, or threads posted in the wrong forum. I think only threads with questionable content get locked.

get a life!:s0114:

i would imagine that alot of people have lives outside of thie web.

or they are looking for a job....

I would have to agree with that statement. I'm new here, so I can't say what it used to be like. I get good info on all my posts. I run a business and have a family, so that takes up most my time. Although I'm already too addicted to this site! :s0001:

Yes.

I have noticed this as well. I've become more of a lurker over here than an actual participating member. Honestly, this place has become a nickel-ads for me more than anything else. I think the massive influx of newbies influenced that, partly, a ton of new people with 1-10 posts selling stuff. There are a TON of reposted questions on the site. I think with the quantity over quality aspect, it's gonna happen (the discussions dying down, I mean).

BUT that shoot with wichaka last year was awesome! I learned so much there, that I still practice weekly. It's made me a much better shooter, among other things. Also, with the postwhore gone (he started a ton of the topics), and no one really filling that role and most of us just commenting, it was inevitable.

Just thinking further, while alot of the newbies on here are probably not new to guns, they probably are new to the availability of so many guns in a localized(forum) /centralized(region) area, which leads to a trading frenzy, which is fun, but wears off after a while.

Some days or weeks it's hot and some days or weeks the posts are slow and so so. I belong to many forums and it just swings with what's going on and what is posted.

Truly there is only so much you can talk about so unless something "NEW" or something important comes up then it's rather slow. Keep looking or review some old post. The info is there most time.

The debate of calibers and such will most likely pop up again but it's settled down for now. Or What the best carry gun is? Or .....

For new shooters get as much info as you can. We all learn differently and have different situations and guns. Don't try to make the "wheel" as someone has already done that already - try to learn from their mistakes and do better that's why we post. We can all learn something.

The debate of calibers and such will most likely pop up again but it's settled down for now.

9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 --- which one is the best? ;)

Just kidding...

I've been on a number of forums and some of them I was really active, posting a lot (non-gun forums).... I had over 18K posts on a photography site... I have left that forum - but looking back, I spent a lot of time there.

Now, I read more than I post and if something comes up that I can answer, I will and if I have a question, I will make a new thread...

Some topics are covered often (related to concealed carry) but then we each have specific issues under that category that we would like some more info on. For example, I am a pretty small framed guy - so I posted a thread about how to conceal a gun on my body and received TONS of good info... about a week later I saw another thread about IWB holsters, etc and there was some good info on there... so not all topics have been raised yet. BUT - I also don't want to see this forum turn into another ARFCOM with people that think because you only have 300 posts you must not know anything. Post count means nothing... who cares? But you hop over to the General Discussion area of ARFCOM and while some of it is entertaining or informational -- it is not something I want to see duplicated here.

Now seriously, 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 --- which one is the best? ;)

Its summer time dude get out and live, yes there is life beyond the internet

snow has melted shooting spots are accessable
the shad are running its trout season and the sage rats are out bikinis can be seen on the beaches what the heck are you doing here:huh:

Why I use this Forum:

1.TO LEARN and make new friends in the shooting sports.
2.To Trade/Buy
3.For Entertainment
4.Because I have a home office and I'm almost always at my PC when I'm working! hehe

9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 --- which one is the best? ;)

Just kidding...

I've been on a number of forums and some of them I was really active, posting a lot (non-gun forums).... I had over 18K posts on a photography site... I have left that forum - but looking back, I spent a lot of time there.

Now, I read more than I post and if something comes up that I can answer, I will and if I have a question, I will make a new thread...

Some topics are covered often (related to concealed carry) but then we each have specific issues under that category that we would like some more info on. For example, I am a pretty small framed guy - so I posted a thread about how to conceal a gun on my body and received TONS of good info... about a week later I saw another thread about IWB holsters, etc and there was some good info on there... so not all topics have been raised yet. BUT - I also don't want to see this forum turn into another ARFCOM with people that think because you only have 300 posts you must not know anything. Post count means nothing... who cares? But you hop over to the General Discussion area of ARFCOM and while some of it is entertaining or informational -- it is not something I want to see duplicated here.

Now seriously, 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 --- which one is the best? ;)

ive seen some of that on other forums/board too.

ive also seen some what i call "arm chair" gun people. all they care about is ballistics, velocity, how much ballistic gelatin the bullet penetrates, double tap ammo, +P++++ ammo and what it does on gelatin, how much faster the bullet will go if you had 2 more inches of barrel, or how much slower it will go. or x brand HP bullet is better then y brand HP bullet. ect.... booring.

same goes for the 9mm vs 40s&w vs 10mm vs 45acp ect. even more booooooooooooooooooring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top