JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is just plain scary here is Obamas plan to disarm us in black and white print.

Will these troops follow through with orders? I sure hope not.

This is just plain scary here is Obamas plan to disarm us in black and white print.

Will these troops follow through with orders? I sure hope not.

Black and white print is easy to come by.
That story started in 2008, it says so right at the end, and the original source is a right wing think tank, the Cato Institute, where a bunch of very smart people think this stuff up to keep people fearful and upset. Cato claims to be Libertarian but they are far more free market these days as that's what pays the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

You really need a program to tell the players on the field, and that is important because they are playing for your hearts and minds.

By the way Cato was co founded by Charles Koch, one of the two brothers who finances the tea party. It seems he is quite a brilliant fellow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_G._Koch

"Koch's academic life was spent at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1957, he received a bachelor's degree in general engineering, a master's degree in mechanical engineering in 1958, and a masters degree in chemical engineering in 1960"

And his company is amazing too:

http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2007/20070225.html

"Koch Industries, a commodity and financial conglomerate, has advanced 2,000-fold in book value since the early 1960s, including dividends. That’s when Charles Koch (pronounced coke) began working for his father’s company."
"Koch Industries is now larger than Microsoft "

GO BLAZERS!

Black and white print is easy to come by.
That story started in 2008, it says so right at the end, and the original source is a right wing think tank, the Cato Institute, where a bunch of very smart people think this stuff up to keep people fearful and upset. Cato claims to be Libertarian but they are far more free market these days as that's what pays the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_Institute

You really need a program to tell the players on the field, and that is important because they are playing for your hearts and minds.

By the way Cato was co founded by Charles Koch, one of the two brothers who finances the tea party. It seems he is quite a brilliant fellow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_G._Koch

"Koch's academic life was spent at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1957, he received a bachelor's degree in general engineering, a master's degree in mechanical engineering in 1958, and a masters degree in chemical engineering in 1960"

And his company is amazing too:

http://www.investmentu.com/IUEL/2007/20070225.html

"Koch Industries, a commodity and financial conglomerate, has advanced 2,000-fold in book value since the early 1960s, including dividends. That’s when Charles Koch (pronounced coke) began working for his father’s company."

GO BLAZERS!

I fail to see how this guy's back ground changes the truth of the story. We all know troops have been training for this for some time. Shoot I know a troop myself that just got done with this training. The question has always been, when and how? This could be the answer.

Interesting. People are finally waking up, myself included, and have realized that the politicians and bankers are out of control, and have been abusing their power for some time. The politicians and bankers have obviously noticed our discontent and they are scared. They think we're so stupid that we're going to try and go to war against them, which is exactly what they want so that they can take even more from us. We instead need to use the system against them, get involved, get organized, and vote them out of office. "Decisions are made by those who show up"
Just my .2 anyways.

Yeah, those darn Koch brothers even give big dollars to the Democratic Leadership Conference!

Keep your tin-foil hat on buddy. That article had nothing noteworthy in it whatsoever besides blatant fear-mongering...

Oh no! The military does crowd-control training? Oh dear, whatever shall we do?!?

Keep your tin-foil hat on buddy. That article had nothing noteworthy in it whatsoever besides blatant fear-mongering...

Oh no! The military does crowd-control training? Oh dear, whatever shall we do?!?

Exactly! It's not like there aren't crowd control issues in any of the countries our boys are deployed.

I fail to see how this guy's back ground changes the truth of the story. We all know troops have been training for this for some time. Shoot I know a troop myself that just got done with this training. The question has always been, when and how? This could be the answer.

Good point, if the story was actually honest, but it isn't. There were plenty of clues in the phrases used in it if you want to check ("rogue congress" for example).

Stories that originate with think tanks, right or left, are generally done to stirr up the faithful. Cato and Herritage are right wing and really do put out the very highest quality of BS. Honest, I admire their work. Over the last decade or so the right wing think tanks have moved further right while the traditional left wing tanks like the Brookings Instutute, moved to the center, so they produce far more subtle BS. In most articles from the right wing think tanks, like the cite in question, the source is not identified (it is identified in this cite listed as a comment below the story, and act of honesty by the Examiner).

IMHO, we get lots of distorted news from the left and right put forth by groups that believe that the ends justify the means. A long time ago someone very wise told me that the means always become the ends. This makes sense since the means are real actions and the ends are simply imagined.

I'm not buying into the entire article either. First clue (to me was)... the BDU's the soldiers are wearing ar NOT current issue, and have not been for several years now... and upon FURTHER examination of the photo, they are all ASIAN, and if you note the signs in the background you will see that it's Thai... plus a BRIGADE "combat team" does NOT have 80,000 people in it, more like 3,000 - 4,500 (depending on the mission).

Another thing I noticed is the article states how Obama wants to get "Iimmigartion reform" jammed through so he can have an additional 10-20 MILLION additional voters in place by this November... BS!! Even IF they were ALL given amnesty, they would have to reside in this country for a MINIMUM of FIVE YEARS before they could become elligible to submit an application for citizenship BEFORE they could (legally) vote. If they wanted to vote illegally NOW, I suppose there isn't much stopping them ATM... that right there is enough (for me) to discredit THIS particular article.

So all ideolgies aside, just a bit of thoughful observation (like the photo in the article) and investigation (like how the "naturalization" process for citizenship works) in the place of knee-jerk "KILL EM ALL" responses will go a LOT further, as well as keep things on track... and keep the egg off your face.

See Bugeye? I'm not the automaton, ditto-head, "ooz-beckian", right-wing nut you think I am... I'm far more dangerous than that! :D

See Bugeye? I'm not the automaton, ditto-head, "ooz-beckian", right-wing nut you think I am... I'm far more dangerous than that! :D

I noticed!
I'm all for a citical eye when dealing with the news.
By the way I watched the Maddow show last week, what a bunch of BS, almost as thick as Beck.

He forgot the secret FEMA camps and the mandatory chip implants! :s0131:

Is it just me, or does the guy that wrote that article looks like Rush Limbaugh's older, fatter brother?

Hmmmm. I hope in a couple years time we can re visit this thread and you all can say "I told you so" to me. I honestly hope that. I think your dead wrong, no pun intended. But interesting none the less.

I read it on the internet. Must be true. I am afraid of the death squads coming to make me love Obama, do community service and take health care. I will get my gun, which they are also trying to take, and run to the wilderness to live off the land in freedom. Freedom which they also want to take. And they will be able to find me because of the chip they forced me to take when they forced health care on me. Which is also the mark of the beast, and Obama is the anti christ. He was also born in Kenya and hates white people.

I read it on the internet. Must be true. I am afraid of the death squads coming to make me love Obama, do community service and take health care. I will get my gun, which they are also trying to take, and run to the wilderness to live off the land in freedom. Freedom which they also want to take. And they will be able to find me because of the chip they forced me to take when they forced health care on me. Which is also the mark of the beast, and Obama is the anti christ. He was also born in Kenya and hates white people.

Typical argument from those not paying attention. Your entitled to your opinion enjoy that freedom while you can :s0155: .

I noticed!
I'm all for a citical eye when dealing with the news.
By the way I watched the Maddow show last week, what a bunch of BS, almost as thick as Beck.

I can't take her schtick... its like trying to eat dry-white toast that has a vapid sense of humor... or that other dude who sounds like he should be in a Shakespeare play, that snotty, pugnacious (needs to get punched in the mouth) Keith Olbermann. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads